Chart trading from charts with "one click"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emuns View Post

Yes, I did! In that post, Chelsea answered my own question. So I was trying to follow it, but it seems to be pretty complicated (or so it seems to me). But as I have already written, if it is easy for you, would you be so kind as to share your work? Or at least an attempt, even a failed one.

Thanks!
    Sorry emuns, I do not use or have any interest in this indicator. If it is of any real value, perhaps a third party will be happy to invest time on that for a fee.

Cheers!

Comment

This can't be the first time this was suggested to the development team? Placing limit orders via a clumsy dropdown menu is the worst thing about Ninjatrader IMO. Especially for short term traders whose primary entry methods are limit orders in fast-paced situations. The current limit order menu-method is so incredibly cumbersome it has absolutely been the bane of my NT experience. My awful workaround is to just keep pending limit orders parked away from price on the chart, ready to be dragged down when I need them - of course this leads to other potential issues, like the possibility of the market spiking at any moment and entering me into an unintentional trade. I don't understand why there isn't a bypass for the menu, it kind of defeats the purpose of chart trading. I wish NT would put more of a focus on key commands in general, especially for orders.

This Click Trader indicator in the video below has the exact functionality I've been looking for... apparently it was free but stopped working with more recent versions of NT. The website seems a little phish-ey or abandoned. Coding isn't really for me either, but I've heard people toss around how easy it is, I guess it must not be something that a lot of people care about. Does anyone have any idea how much it would it cost to clone something like this? It seems like most of the code is already out there and is purportedly a no-brainier for people who know what they're doing.

The ATM One-Click seems like it gets pretty close, but I would prefer being able to see the price positions on the cursor after clicking the modifier but before entering the trade (like in the Click Trader video example), without needing to toggle on the NT cross hairs, otherwise it seems like it could also be prone to additional misclicks. These vendor products are also very expensive.

While I'm here, I might as well mention... why is there a breakeven key command but not an option to offset it to make it a breakeven + 1, or something? Why is there a key command to increase/decrease last pending order price but there isn't there a key command to move stops or other orders on the chart up and down by specific tick increments during active trades? This would be especially useful for tightening stops. But the biggest issue by a landslide is that drop down menu. It literally obstructs the screen and makes you move away from what you were doing. It's like trying to hit a bullseye every time just to submit an order.

Last edited by augustfay; 04-08-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by augustfay View Post
        This can't be the first time this was suggested to the development team? Placing limit orders via a clumsy dropdown menu is the worst thing about Ninjatrader IMO. Especially for short term traders whose primary entry methods are limit orders in fast-paced situations. The current limit order menu-method is so incredibly cumbersome it has absolutely been the bane of my NT experience. My awful workaround is to just keep pending limit orders parked away from price on the chart, ready to be dragged down when I need them - of course this leads to other potential issues, like the possibility of the market spiking at any moment and entering me into an unintentional trade. I don't understand why there isn't a bypass for the menu, it kind of defeats the purpose of chart trading. I wish NT would put more of a focus on key commands in general, especially for orders.

This Click Trader indicator in the video below has the exact functionality I've been looking for... apparently it was free but stopped working with more recent versions of NT. The website seems a little phish-ey or abandoned. Coding isn't really for me either, but I've heard people toss around how easy it is, I guess it must not be something that a lot of people care about. Does anyone have any idea how much it would it cost to clone something like this? It seems like most of the code is already out there and is purportedly a no-brainier for people who know what they're doing.

The ATM One-Click seems like it gets pretty close, but I would prefer being able to see the price positions on the cursor after clicking the modifier but before entering the trade (like in the Click Trader video example), without needing to toggle on the NT cross hairs, otherwise it seems like it could also be prone to additional misclicks. These vendor products are also very expensive.

While I'm here, I might as well mention... why is there a breakeven key command but not an option to offset it to make it a breakeven + 1, or something? Why isn't there a key command to move stops or other orders on the chart up and down by specific tick increments during pending and active trades? This would be especially useful for tightening stops. But the biggest issue by a landslide is that drop down menu. It literally obstructs the screen and makes you move away from what you were doing. It's like trying to hit a bullseye every time just to submit an order.
        I wouldn´t say most of the work is done. Rather, the opposite is true. The indicator mentioned in my post is only the beginning, and the most important part (add-on cooperating with ChartTrader) is the most fundamental and also the most difficult. I asked one developer how much it would cost to create something similar, what is on the video (not so complex) and the price was just over 700 euros. I wouldn´t say that the vendor products are very expensive (75 usd - VolatyTrading, is more than a good and reasonable price).

I agree with you that the current NT limit order menu-method is terrible!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quicktradeNJA View Post
          Hi StockTrader88, I know your request is for native functionality in NinjaTrader, but just wanted to mention that we've designed a product to help with one click trading, customizable hotkeys, and customizable chart trader buttons.

You can see example videos and download a free trial at our website: https://www.quicktradeninja.com
          Just a comment...
          Its a well designed solution but QTN_ClickTrader v1.03 appears to conflict with SharkIndicators in my setup.
          I've posted my experience, trace, logs to development.

Comment

To me the biggest gap in NT is the lack of one click trading from the chart.
            I tried to download the ClickTrader but it did not work.
            Does someone have a copy of the old indicator. I can help make it work if I have the original source code.

Comment

Personally, I like TickHunter which offers a fairly improved 'one click' trading displayed across the top of the chart.
              You might need a certain membership or login credentials to Futures.io to get it but here's the URL:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

It's really a great customizable solution.

-- WildWex

Comment

Try this one: Clicker - One-Click Chart Trading in NinjaTrader 8 - Volaty Trading
                It is the best!

Comment

Edit
                  FYI I bought the Volaty one - it just works flawlessly and fast.

Here you go. I am not a hard core coder but this works.
                  If anyone can improve it please add here.
                  This uses left control and left Alt with a left mouse click for a buy and a sell limit order respectively.

In particular I would love if someone could auto detect when accounts are changed - it is something I have never managed to work out.
                  Edit
                  You can un comment the ATM strategy line if you want but remember to change the name to the name of your ATM strategy

Enjoy.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mindset; 07-19-2022, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Hello Mindset,

this works awesome!

Just a short question: is it possible to set the number of contracts as it is set in the ATM strategy or if not in the strategy then as it is set in the ATM window?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

A chart DOM for NinjaTrader, with one-click order entry and position management.

I use this product add on. It works well and the developer is very responsive to address issues and listening to enhancement suggestions.

Comment

Clicker from Volaty seems to be the closest to TradeStation (if not better). I used TS before Ninja, and this type of capability has been in that as long as I know of. Hard to believe that this is not a native feature of Ninja.

I doubt we'll ever see this native because it would nullify 3rd party solutions and kill their products. Very sad that we have to pay for this on top of the premium price we pay for Ninja.

Your looks pretty nice, Mindset! So no way in code to use the "currently active" ATM? That seems clunky to have to hard code it into the ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                          Edit
                          FYI I bought the Volaty one - it just works flawlessly and fast.

Here you go. I am not a hard core coder but this works.
                          If anyone can improve it please add here.
                          This uses left control and left Alt with a left mouse click for a buy and a sell limit order respectively.

In particular I would love if someone could auto detect when accounts are changed - it is something I have never managed to work out.
                          Edit
                          You can un comment the ATM strategy line if you want but remember to change the name to the name of your ATM strategy

Enjoy.
                          Thanks so much! I took that and took it a little further. In addition to yours, it
                          • is only one .cs file, so only one indicator to add
                          • takes the account chosen in the chart trader
                          • takes the ATM chosen in the chart trader
                          It's free, of course.

Download: https://github.com/DominikBritz/Ninj...adingFromChart

Comment

Nice work and thanks for sharing.
                            Have you tested in real markets where it's fast?
                            That's where I found the main problems - mine worked flawlessly in Simulation and completely fell over in real time. Something I find happens a lot in NinjaTrader.
                            the Volaty one I have used for months now and not a single problem - would love to see that code just to see what is required to really nail an indicator down.

But i like your additions. Well done!

Comment

Hi Dominik,

Thank you for doing what I've been dreaming of doing for a long long time! Your indicator is just what I need.

I can certainly understand why you did not assign the use of the Left Ctrl button because the Ctrl button moves the chart up or down, but is it possible to customize the keyboard button to use the right Shift and the right Alt keyboard button instead? I'll try to transpose the button using a mouse button control program (X-Mouse Button Control) to assign it to a mouse hotkey. That might enable me to use a mouse hotkey to place chart trades.

Thank you again for your help.

Originally posted by dominikbritz View Post

Thanks so much! I took that and took it a little further. In addition to yours, it
                              • is only one .cs file, so only one indicator to add
                              • takes the account chosen in the chart trader
                              • takes the ATM chosen in the chart trader
                              It's free, of course.

Download: https://github.com/DominikBritz/Ninj...adingFromChart

Comment

oldporkchops

Added your request, and a few other things. Here is what is new:
                                1. Button to enable/disable trading from chart
                                2. Option to change the hotkey
                                3. Option to change the stop order type
                                4. Bugfixes
                                https://github.com/DominikBritz/Ninj...adingFromChart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post terofs
                                by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes