quick access to saved template tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick access to saved template tools

I am forever using the same four or five colors of lines to highlight Months/Weeks and Daily zones - a couple more to highlight a few time frames. I am in love with the duplicate chart feature and template saving all my favorite indicators onto any page. However, it seems to take way to many clicks (on any platform) to draw a horizontal line and adjust it to my color of choice. I think if you could either make a small floatable tool window where I could access these different colors -saved tools, or some way that could quickly grab a color line of my choice / or perhaps let me tie these into hot keys (Hot keys + Template) would be so amazing it would really make your platform stand out among the others. The more I did into Ninja trader the more I'm convinced you are already on the way.
    floating custom tools from templates
    100.00%
    Hot keys that enable template tools
    0%

Hello Turtle_719,

Thank you for your suggestion.

The Drawing Tool Tile Indicator will display a little floating toolbar of drawing tools - if you have default templates for these set up it will use those defaults for your drawings.

There is not currently a method to set a hot key to place a drawing tool with a template, however, I have added a vote for you to a feature request to allow this. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

If any other users wish to add a vote to this SFT request, please comment below rather than just voting in the poll above as we need links to posts to add votes.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I would really love both suggests above;

floating custom tools from templates
      Hot keys that enable template tools

I use a lot of colored lines at different thicknesses etc. And a green line is always a base to a pattern, a blue line is always measured move etc. I have many more lines with specific colors that I use and when trading the short time frames it would be great to access these quickly. Even longer TF it would help so I don't have to take the long route to navigate to my saved templates for a line.

Comment

Hello SAC-MAN,

Thank you for your reply.

I've added a vote for you to SFT-2386 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

using TradingView and switching to NT, that is one of my most used features that I've templates set for specific Rays, Horizontal Lines, etc. And switching a color, thickness, … using the current process of Properties -> Template -> Select & Load Template is not vey intuitive and takes loads of time & clicks.

So I would like to also add my vote to at least a floating template chooser when a specific drawing tool is selected to switch a template quick & easy.

Comment

Hello Stratinator,

Thanks for your note.

Your vote has been added.

Let us know if we may assist further.
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses