Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Feature Request: Adding “Snap to Extreme” to Fibonacci Retracements Drawing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Adding “Snap to Extreme” to Fibonacci Retracements Drawing Tool

Hi guys,
    I’am, and probably thousands of other traders, doing a lot of Fibonacci Retracements during every trading day.
    Assuming an uptrend I’am drawing Fibs from swing lows to the highest high for finding support in a pullback.
    But with every new high I have to adjust all retracements to the new high. This is very inconvenient.
    So I suggest adding an input in the Fibonacci Retracements menue “Snap to Extreme” so that the retracements automatically gets redrawn to the new high.
    This would make life a lot easier!

Thanks!

Hello Roman_786,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this feature request.

While I know that the Bar and Price snap mode would make it so the Fibonacci retracements would be drawn on the nearest bar/price if you draw or change the drawing object by clicking and dragging to the size you wish. To enable the snap mode, right click on the chart, select Drawing Tools > Snap Mode > Bar And Price

Here is a link with additional information on this topic: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...andingSnapMode

With that being stated, there is no way to be able to automatically snap the drawing objects to the newest high. For that I have submitted a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman_786 View Post
      Hi guys,
      I’am, and probably thousands of other traders, doing a lot of Fibonacci Retracements during every trading day.
      Assuming an uptrend I’am drawing Fibs from swing lows to the highest high for finding support in a pullback.
      But with every new high I have to adjust all retracements to the new high. This is very inconvenient.
      So I suggest adding an input in the Fibonacci Retracements menue “Snap to Extreme” so that the retracements automatically gets redrawn to the new high.
      This would make life a lot easier!

Thanks!
      Hi,

Perhaps you can get what you want by writing an indicator to simply plot a Fib retrace in progress on the last developing swing of the chart using the snap to high and low of the bar. In this case the fib retracement will be updated on completion of every bar until the last swing is completed then the fib will switch to the new swing. It is easy to modify the Swing indicator to draw the fib retracement.

Cheers!
      Last edited by aligator; 08-26-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Hello Roman_786,

Thank you for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5068. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with other NinjaTrader inquiries in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn  
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post carnitron