Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Make public list of SFT- items and statuses, and allow online voting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make public list of SFT- items and statuses, and allow online voting.

It would be nice to see the list of SFT items in a public list, like the Ecosystem & User Apps public lists.
    Organized into categories, and have buttons to vote FOR or AGAINST an open SFT item.

Thank you for the suggestion.

This is also a feature request. I'll add your vote to that existing feature request and edit this response when I've located the tracking number.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

that is funny, add a double vote

Comment

I consider this is a MUST have, including dates (raised / fixed).
        This would also enable meaningful voting results.
        Right now, changes requests are hidden in individual threads. No one can read through all of them, but everybody can quickly scan a list/table of SFTs and add his/her vote.
        The list/table would also tell the number of open items, how "inventory" develops, etc.
        Transparency at its best.
        NT-Roland

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, NT-Roland . I've added your vote.

Comment

Someone needs to start an external public wiki to organize the overall
            community's knowledge of these SFT numbers -- apparently that's the
            only way it's ever going to get done.

I mean, NinjaTrader will continue to silently ignore this request, never
            confirming or denying progress. Sure, they will admit it's a great idea,
            but they will just leave everyone hanging. All we can do is hope and
            pray and beg for them to do it, but I'd bet $1,000 it will never happen.

Why? Because it scares the living crap out of NT mgmt to make such
            a list public -- because every business competitor will be able to see
            it, too. They're afraid of the potentially many ways such a public list
            would come back to bite them.

Quite frankly, it will take a lot of balls(*) and confidence in themselves
            to make this list public -- but, for right now, their company culture has
            neither. Sigh ...

(*)courage.

Comment

is there even any software competitor out there that can come close to matching what you get in NinjaTrader? I think the time and money it would take a competitor to catch up to NinjaTrader, AND then to need to advertise to steal away market share from Ninja would be a waste. Just my opinion...

but I do wish that this list was public and votable.

Comment

Hi balltrader,
                Thanks for your vote for a public and votable list.

Congrats to NinjaTrader for being recognized as top trading software provider in the Stocks & Commodities 2020 Readers' Choice Awards !!! Users would certainly not vote for NinjaTrader, if it was crap.

I would love to know if the majority of S&C Readers is heavy coders, what they would want to be trading and if they (would want to / can) sit in front of their computers while trading.

For some, factors like one off cost vs. ongoing license fee might be important, for others irrelevant.
                For some, out of the box features might be relevant, while others wouldn't bother.
                For some, advanced backtesting / optimization capabilities and 100% accurate evaluation / reporting are critically important, others would just want to trade the here and now.
                For some, automated portfolio trading (instruments, strategies, allocation, rebalancing) is the way to go, others couldn't care less.
                For some, Multi-Brokerage accross several clients/accounts allocating one order by whatever method should be available, others only have one account.
                For some, rock solid stability is a must have, others wouldn't care too much if they had to manually restart a connection, strategy or the program occasionally.

From all of the many topics discussed in this forum, I myself consider the last point the most important. For me, rock solid stability is a "must have" for fully automated unattended trading.

I'm afraid, NinjaTrader is not state of the art in this area. Far too many threads on this. My other platform runs like a Swiss clock (same broker, same datafeed, same internet connection, same hardware). Right now, I can't leverage my NinjaTrader Multi-Broker Lifetime License to the extent I'd want to.

I'm not interested in Ninja bashing. On the contrary. I'd like to contribute to make Ninja even better which I try to do when flagging what I observe. I will continue to raise my voice, which I wouldn't, had I come to the conclusion that Ninja is a waste of time. I hope the "low hanging fruit" is collected and I'm convinced a public and votable list would help driving this.
                NT-Roland

Comment

Oh man, add my vote too please! I've been away from NT8 for a bit and now that I'm back I'm really surprised this hasn't been done yet. I have my own suggestions and have no idea where I'm supposed to check if it's already been asked for or where I should post my suggestions!

Comment

Thanks for your patience. All votes to this point have been added.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1355. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes