$200 lost due to INSISTENCE of defaulting to SIM01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$200 lost due to INSISTENCE of defaulting to SIM01

I cannot explain how absolutely insane this is. I literally just lost $175+ because of this ridiculous bug. See attached screenshot. Nice gain right!?! Notice the account....

This is not a bug. This is a purposeful design choice to mitigate inadvertent live trading. The background color of any order entry window changes depending whether or not you have a sim account or live account selected. Please make sure to always confirm what account is selected before you begin trading.

With that said, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1280. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 01-13-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      This is not a bug. This is a purposeful design choice to mitigate inadvertent live trading. The background color of any order entry window changes depending whether or not you have a sim account or live account selected. Please make sure to always confirm what account is selected before you begin trading.

With that said, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
      You folks can call it a feature all you want but there is literally no reason on planet earth that once an actual account is open a professional/full time trader would want to default to SIM. These movements happen fast, its not always easy to dedicate precious time when my attention is needed with trading. And frankly, if its a "feature", it should be able to be disabled. It's not. It's impossible to disable. That's a bug my dude.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa  
      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Creamers