Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How does a user track feature requests? Voting? Similar requests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does a user track feature requests? Voting? Similar requests?

Maybe this has been asked before, but, If a user goes to the NT forum, "Suggestions and Feedback", they are presented with (currently) a whopping 166 pages of threads.
    If a user tries to search in this forum section, they may or may not be able to find if someone has already requested the same thing they are about to suggest or give feedback on.

If a user makes a suggestion they are given a "feature request" number (eg:SFT-1234) and told that if/when implemented, it will be in the Release Notes found in the help guide.
    In fact, the "feature #" / "issue #", in the Release Notes, do not use the same numbering system as the feature request and there is no reference back to it.
    So if a user were to search in the help guide, they would never find if their request had ever been addressed without knowing exactly what to look for.

--> Is there a webpage on this NT forum that tracks feature requests, voting (interest), and references back to the original requesting post?
    I'm not talking about something as convoluted as Github, but a table on a webpage of some kind would be nice.
    (I can't remember, maybe this was done before, like during NT 6.5 or NT 7.)

1. Maybe I am wrong, but right now, making a feature request is like dropping a suggestion into a black hole.
    2. It would be easier for a user with an idea to see if something similar is already requested.
    3a. It would be much more efficient for a user to vote for other user's request instead of making a new request.
    3b. If the user has additional insight or feed back, they could add a post in the same thread as the OP instead of creating a new thread.
    4. Dev Team would get a more accurate level of interest if users had access to voting for good ideas they had not previously requested but realized they wanted.
    5. It would be nice to see some feedback from the Dev Team even if the answer is "No".
    6. A user's request could be issued a "feature # / issue # for next release" in the table when Dev Team accepts and implements the change.
    7. The "Feature # / Issue #" in the release notes could also reference the original "feature request SFT#"
    8. The columns could be sortable. By: date, SFT#, feature #, user, etc.
    9. The table could be referenced in a sticky at the top of "Suggestions And Feedback".

Anyway, I am not a software manager, but I thought there might be one on the Dev Team that has access to this info and would be willing to create a webpage for users.
    And keep it updated.

Thanks!
    Robotman

Hello Robotman,

Thank you for your post.

I would definitely encourage users to search the forums before submitting a feature request - you're correct, a previous request may already have been submitted. I know the search functionality on the forums is a bit dismal, but I've found that using site specific search on Google works quite well. For example I might type this into my Google Search if I was looking for a thread like this one:
    site:https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/ track feature requests

I have added your suggestions to an existing request for an publicly open feature request tracker, SFT-1355. I'll also add your specific feedback to modify our processes to make access to existing feature requests easier for users to track. As with other feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment as this request is still in the interest tracking stage. Simply because there is interest does not mean a request will be implemented as there are a number of other factors in play. If implemented, they will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide as per usual.

If you would like updates on any feature request for which you have the tracking number, feel free to email us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and ask for an update, or if the original request was here on the forums, post to the original thread requesting the feature for an update, or make a new thread asking for an update if you can't find the original - we're happy to let you know any information we may have.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses