Daily Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bars

I've heard from several long time users tell me Ninjatrader Daily bars always have to be looked at in terms of the 24 hour no matter what the specified "Trader Hours" selected is. Sure enough, I decided to test this and this does seem to be the case. Would it be possible to have the daily bars updated in a way the "Trading Hours" selected would be reflected in the daily bars?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In this case, you may want to you a chart set to 1440 Min. Since this is a chart using minute date instead of Daily data the Trading Hours templates will be reflected.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Dennis,

I have tried this but it makes the bottom "time" axis relatively unusable to see the date of the bars unless the chart is stretched to the extremes, which makes the chart not really practical.

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the way time/dates are displayed when expanding/contracting the chart, as this is done automatically by the platform.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your assistance please. In NT 8.1.1.3 64, using ZF 06-23, I cannot get my 1440 minute chart using "Use instrument settings" to open and close, to agree with 60 min close at 1700 bar close and open at 1900 bar open. (10 min chart for same times agrees with 60 min chart.) I understand that daily charts will not accomplish this. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comment

Hello steveg,

The ZS Future uses the 'CBOT Agriculturals ETH' trading hours template.

This would have a session start time at 7:00 AM Central time, and a session end at 1:20 PM (1320) Central time.

What is your time zone?

Are you asking how to make a custom trading hours template? (Note, even with a custom trading hours template there will only be bars during the market hours where there is data)

You are correct, daily bars cannot have a trading hours template applied as they come fully formed with only a high, low, open, and close value.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses