Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web account net balance and the Trade performance

Hi
    I probably missed something on the documentation but why there is a such big difference between the daily Total net profit Web on the account balance of the web page account compare to the daily Total net profit shown on the Home page Balance chart.
    Exemple a TP of 406$ on the trade Performance become a 114$ on the web page balance
    Thank you

How can I find or can I calculate the difference between the 2 numbers

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please provide a screenshot of what you are referring to.

I look forward to your reply.
      Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dennis

Is it possible to have the same P/L indicated on the DOM than on the open position box of the web account home page (see screenshot).
        And also to have the same realized PnL on the DOM. on the Control Center and on Web account home page
        Where can I find some clarification about the difference a part of the spread
        thank you​
        Attached Files
        Last edited by capt34; 03-22-2023, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

To be clear you want to see the P/L in the DOM of the Web application?

And in addition to that, do you want that P/L to match what you see in the NinjaTrader 8 Control Center?

To do this I would need a little more clarification on what version of NinjaTrader 8 you are running.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Dennis'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          Thank you

Comment

Hi Dennis
            Thank you for your message
            I am using NinjaTrader 8

What I described has nothing to do with my account.
            Anybody trading the MES for example can see that the amount on the DOM PnL or the Control Center PnL doesn't change when the price move from/to bid and ask value but do change on the open position box of the web account home page
            Anybody can also see that the daily realized P/L of the DOM is equal to the daily Realized P/L of the Account tab of the Control Center and also equal to the total net profit of the day on the trade performance windows.
            But the daily amount shown by the realized P&L on the web account home page is different, much lower (around 1/4) and it is the amount which is reported the next day on the Account Cash Value.

I do many orders with many small profit on MES, is this the problem?
            I just want to understand the official calculation that lead to such big difference and the explanation that I found on https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...20English.html doesn’t help me.
            Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Depending on what version of NinjaTrader 8 and the way your are connecting this P/L's can display differently.

The easiest way for me to provide you with the correct information would be to take a look at your log and trace files to determine what exact version and connection technology you are using. Please email us at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Dennis'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
              • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              Thank you​

Comment

Hi Dennis

I am new to Ninjatrader, I bought the lifetime version on 13/03/2023.
                I made my first trades on 16/03/2023 and I had a Total net profit recorded in Trade performance of xxx.xx$ but the amount credited to my account visible on the web is $xxx.xx (78% less)
                On 17/03/2023 I had a Total Net Profit recorded in Trade performance of $xxx.xx but my web account was only credited with $xxx.xx(72% less).

My question isn't about the way the PnL is display.
                The version of the software is 8.1.1.1 64-bit that works perfectly and my connection is a standard fiber connection that also works very well and I cannot see any relation with my concern.

My question is which amounts between the web page and the Trade Performance windows of the software should I believe as right and why?
                If it is the web account that is right, I want to understand in detail the calculation of the reduction of 3/4 of my profits and maybe adapt my way of trading if possible.

Thank you​

Last edited by capt34; 03-26-2023, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Dennis
                  Following your request I tried to send you a screenshot of my web account but for any reason I have not access to my web account page (the Ninjatrader software is still working with the same credentials)
                  I clear the cache, I fill with the right 2FA code, I try another browser, I reset the router, but when I click Login button on the browser, I just stay on the same login page without any error message.
                  Any idea?
                  Thank you

Comment

Hi Dennis
                    I eventually managed to enter on the web account
                    Please find attached a screenshot of the trade Performance and photos of the web site
                    On the trade Performance you can see a Total net profit de $471.25 on 16/3/23
                    On the web account page de balance as been increased by 4398.64 - 4293.09 = $105.55
                    Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

The web platform will take commissions into account automatically and the platform will only do so if a commission template has been added.

Have you added a commission template to NinjaTrader 8?

To do so please go to the Accounts tab in your Control Center, right click and then select a "Commission" template and press OK.

This will start to deduct commissions on any trades going forward.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

Hi Dennis
                        I got it
                        Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes