multiple rithmic connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple rithmic connection

Is there a way to have multiple rithmic connections at the same time. For example connection from apex and connection from topstep at the same time so I can trade accounts from apex and topstep at the same time.

feature is available to quantower and wondering is there a way in nt8. I dont want to switch brokers lol

Hello jigspuge,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

The Rithmic API that is used to connect to Rithmic-based accounts does not currently allow multiple connections.

While it would be possible to e.g. connect to multiple Tradovate-based Evaluation accounts, only one Rithmic-based account can be connected at any given time.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Use Tradovate instead of Rithmic for at least one of your accounts. NT does not limit the number of Tradovate accounts you use. I currently trade Tradovate accounts from APEX, Topstep, and my personal account all at the same time along with an APEX Rithmic account.

Comment

Originally posted by neoterictrader View Post
        Use Tradovate instead of Rithmic for at least one of your accounts. NT does not limit the number of Tradovate accounts you use. I currently trade Tradovate accounts from APEX, Topstep, and my personal account all at the same time along with an APEX Rithmic account.
        TopStep Tradovate accounts in Ninja? Show me please.

Comment

Hello nurtrades,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

To connect to your Topstep account, please first create a new NinjaTrader Dashboard account, if you have not yet done so:

Please select the "Simulation" option when creating the account before providing the necessary information.

Once created, please follow the steps below to migrate the license key you've received to this account:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...Trader-Desktop

Once this has been migrated, please install and launch NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1. A link to download this may be found in your Dashboard.

Please use the NinjaTrader Dashboard credentials you have just created to log into this account and follow the steps below to enable the Multi-Provider Mode:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

Once this has been enabled, you will then be able to create a new "NinjaTrader" connection with Topstep's credentials.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions or if you encounter any issues!​

Comment

TopStep said we cant connect tradovate with ninja in their case
            Attached Files

Comment

I have 20 funded Apex Rithmic Accounts and need to connect 3 TopStep Tradovate

Comment

Is there any chance to run 2 ninja in one computer? with VPN or something?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
                  Hello nurtrades,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

To connect to your Topstep account, please first create a new NinjaTrader Dashboard account, if you have not yet done so:

Please select the "Simulation" option when creating the account before providing the necessary information.

Once created, please follow the steps below to migrate the license key you've received to this account:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...Trader-Desktop

Once this has been migrated, please install and launch NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1. A link to download this may be found in your Dashboard.

Please use the NinjaTrader Dashboard credentials you have just created to log into this account and follow the steps below to enable the Multi-Provider Mode:

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

Once this has been enabled, you will then be able to create a new "NinjaTrader" connection with Topstep's credentials.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions or if you encounter any issues!​
                  What do you think? Do you any idea or workaround ?

Comment

Hello nurtrades,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The linked article refers to Rithmic-based accounts. These would require the dedicated "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection.

The steps I listed would only apply to Tradovate-based accounts.

Please also know that Rithmic's API does not support multiple connections. This means you could e.g. connect to all 3 Topstep Tradovate accounts, but only to a single Apex Rithmic login.

If the 20 funded accounts are linked to the same login, you would still be able to access all accounts therein.

Last but not least, it would also not be possible to use a Tradovate-based Topstep account to log into NinjaTrader Web or Mobile, it can currently only be accessed from within NinjaTrader Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
                      Hello nurtrades,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The linked article refers to Rithmic-based accounts. These would require the dedicated "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection.

The steps I listed would only apply to Tradovate-based accounts.

Please also know that Rithmic's API does not support multiple connections. This means you could e.g. connect to all 3 Topstep Tradovate accounts, but only to a single Apex Rithmic login.

If the 20 funded accounts are linked to the same login, you would still be able to access all accounts therein.

Last but not least, it would also not be possible to use a Tradovate-based Topstep account to log into NinjaTrader Web or Mobile, it can currently only be accessed from within NinjaTrader Desktop.

Please find in the link:
                      • Trades placed in SIM101 will NOT be sent to us. To avoid losing progress, be sure to trade under the Topstep account name found in your Dashboard -- not the SIM101 account. Even though they are associated companies, you will not be able to connect to NinjaTrader and Tradovate at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by nurtrades View Post

Please find in the link:
                        • Trades placed in SIM101 will NOT be sent to us. To avoid losing progress, be sure to trade under the Topstep account name found in your Dashboard -- not the SIM101 account. Even though they are associated companies, you will not be able to connect to NinjaTrader and Tradovate at the same time.
                        Are you sure to be able to have TopStep Tradovate accounts in Ninja?

Comment

Hello nurtrades,

This is indeed correct. The Sim101 account is locally simulated.

Any orders submitted to this account will not leave the platform, and will not count into your evaluation.

However, the Topstep account will be listed in the "Accounts" dropdown menu. Submitting the order to this account will count toward the evaluation.

I am also not personally aware of any issues that would keep a Topstep and a NinjaTrader account connected at the same time.

To ensure this information is correct I've reached out to our management team to confirm this.

One of my colleagues will follow up tomorrow morning with further information.

Thank you in advance for your patience!

Comment

Originally posted by nurtrades View Post

TopStep Tradovate accounts in Ninja? Show me please.
                            Yeah, I'm sorry. I forgot that TS does not allow connecting their Tradovate accounts to NT. APEX however does. I know this for sure because I have several connected.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your updates.

Our apologies for the misinformation, but Tradovate-based Topstep accounts do NOT currently work within the NinjaTrader Desktop or Web Platforms.
                              • It would only be possible to connect to a Tradovate-based Topstep account within the Topstep or Tradovate Web/Mobile Platforms.

Only a Rithmic-based Topstep account would work within the NinjaTrader Desktop Platform at this time.
                              • There can only be one active connection to the "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection adapter per platform
                              • You would have to check with the provider to know the max number of concurrent logins to a single account to see if it would be possible to connect to the same one account from multiple PCs
                              It is possible to have multiple "NinjaTrader" connections set up and connected at the same time:
                              • The limiting factor there would be the max number of concurrent connections each provider allows.
                                • For example, if it was a NinjaTrader Brokerage account, it could be connected in 2 different computers concurrently
                              • You could then have a Tradovate-based eval account that is using the "NinjaTrader" connection type also at the same time
                              Here are the connection guides for the two different types of Evaluation accounts:
                              Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by butt_toast, 04-28-2021, 05:46 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Phrygian  
                              Started by DeanJ, Today, 05:19 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes