Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Build strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build strategy

I need help developing a TSI strategy to go long above zero and short below zero.

Thanks,

Kamal

Hello Kamal,

Thanks for writing in to our Support Forums.

You may easily create this strategy using the Strategy Builder. I will provide visual instructions on setting up this strategy.

Conditions and Actions Set 1:

In this window we check to make sure that we are flat, and the TSI indicator is greater then 0. If these conditions are true, we enter long.

The first condition checks if a TSI indicator with default parameters is greater than a numeric value of 0. Indicators are available under the Indicators folder in the Condition Builder and Numeric value is available under the Misc folder.

The second condition controls our entry if our current market position is flat. You may access these items within the Strategy folder in the Condition Builder.

The action assign to the first condition is to enter long. You can select Enter long position from the Order Management folder in the Actions window.

Conditions and Actions Set 2:

In this window we check to make sure that we are flat, and the TSI indicator is less then 0. If these conditions are true, we enter short. Setting this condition and action set is very similar to the first with the exception of using less instead of greater, and entering short instead of entering long.

I have attached additional visual instructions to walk you through adding the specific conditions and actions for Set 1 for further reference.

For a better understanding on using the Strategy Builder in NinjaTrader 8, I suggest viewing the recorded webinar on the Strategy Wizard from NinjaTrader 7. It is equally relevant to understanding how the Strategy Builder works. I will link it below:

Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post llanqui
    by llanqui

Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM