Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

2 entry orders help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello bobperez,

In the UnmanagedOCOBracketExample_NT8 note I've used OrderType.StopMarket orders.
    A buy stop order would be placed above the ask, a sell stop order would be placed below the bid.

In this code you have chosen to use OrderType.Limit which are placed on the reverse side of the market.
    A buy limit would be placed below the ask, a sell limit would be placed above the bid.

I see in your code you've submitted the buy limit at the High of the most recently closed bar and the sell limit at the Low of the most recently closed bar. These orders will most likely be on the wrong side of the market when the new bar opens.
    With some brokerages that order will be immediately filled (including NinjaTrader), with other brokerages that order would be rejected (such as Forex brokerages).

Also, orders should be assigned to variables in OnOrderUpdate() and not directly from the order method.

I've changed is and tested the suggested code and I am finding this is working.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

BobperezTest_NT8.zip

There are no exit orders or setting the variables back to null so it only places orders once, but this works as expected.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello bobperez,

In the UnmanagedOCOBracketExample_NT8 note I've used OrderType.StopMarket orders.
      A buy stop order would be placed above the ask, a sell stop order would be placed below the bid.

In this code you have chosen to use OrderType.Limit which are placed on the reverse side of the market.
      A buy limit would be placed below the ask, a sell limit would be placed above the bid.

I see in your code you've submitted the buy limit at the High of the most recently closed bar and the sell limit at the Low of the most recently closed bar. These orders will most likely be on the wrong side of the market when the new bar opens.
      With some brokerages that order will be immediately filled (including NinjaTrader), with other brokerages that order would be rejected (such as Forex brokerages).

Also, orders should be assigned to variables in OnOrderUpdate() and not directly from the order method.

[ATTACH]n1295472[/ATTACH]

There are no exit orders or setting the variables back to null so it only places orders once, but this works as expected.
      Hi Chelsa,

Thank you so much for your continued support. I'll check the video and your suggestions and will let you know later my results.

I've implemented your suggestions and they work perfectly. I've also changed the entry Limit orders for Stop Orders.

Cheers!

Bob Perez
      Last edited by bobperez; 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Hello bobperez,

[ATTACH]n1295472[/ATTACH]

Hi Chelsea,

If I want to enter the oco trades with 2 contracts instead of 1, and each contract with a different target, will I need to send one pair of orders for each contract separately?
        Last edited by bobperez; 03-15-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Hello bobperez,

Yes, this would be necessary to have independent OCO pairing. Use two entry orders with unique signal names and two exit orders with the from entry signals of those entries.

Comment

Hello bobperez,

Yes, this would be necessary to have independent OCO pairing. Use two entry orders with unique signal names and two exit orders with the from entry signals of those entries.
            Ok, thank you, Chelsea.

Comment

Hello bobperez,

Hi Chelsea,

I am getting the attached errors after a while Click image for larger version  Name:	F4.jpg Views:	19 Size:	107.7 KB ID:	1296087 .

Is there anything missing?

BobPerez
              Last edited by bobperez; 03-18-2024, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hello bobperez,

The message is stating there is no real-time data.

Who are you connected to for data? (Do you see changing ask and bid prices in Chart Trader?)

Are these orders being submitted during market hours?

Comment

Hello bobperez,

The message is stating there is no real-time data.

Who are you connected to for data? (Do you see changing ask and bid prices in Chart Trader?)

Are these orders being submitted during market hours?
                  HI Chelsea, During the weekend I was connected to Rithmic, as well as today. Today it worked fine.

Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

During the weekend the markets are closed and there is no real-time data.

However the Trading hours template should have prevented any trades.
                    Do you have Trading hours set to 'use instrument settings' in the Data Series window?
                    What Start behavior is selected in the Strategies window?

Comment

Hello Bob,

During the weekend the markets are closed and there is no real-time data.

However the Trading hours template should have prevented any trades.
                      Do you have Trading hours set to 'use instrument settings' in the Data Series window?
                      What Start behavior is selected in the Strategies window?
                      'use instrument settings' I : Yes
                      Start behavior I: Waiting UntilFlat

Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

With 'Wait until flat' and not 'Wait until flat synchronize account' and the exchange trading hours, I would not expect an order to be submitted while the market is closed.

If you would like me to investigate further, please send an email to scriptingsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so that I may request your log and trace files.
                        In the email, please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Massinisa  
                        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes