Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Slippage does not appear to be taking affect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuppyDRV View Post
    My main point is the slip is not shown on the summary page on first pass but shows if you select a different choice on the drop down menu then select back to summary. Please reference my upload picture one.
    This is unexpected and I will report this to development.

Additionally I understand that slip will never exceed the bar range but what I'm asking is slip applied to both the entry and exit if the range of the bar allows?
    Slippage is applied to all executions where it is possible. This includes both the entries and exits.

One additional question. Is there a way to show all of the performance metrics for the entire Walk Forward Optimization rather than just the individual OOS (out Of Sample) periods. So can I create an equity curve from the whole of the walk forward? Am I just missing how to do this or does it not exist? If not can we add that as a future enhancement request?
    I will check with development, but I think this will be a feature request.

Thank you for your notes, I will follow up here with additional information.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for the help. I have created an excel application that does this but I still have to manually click on each page that I want to export and select export.

Do you know of a way that I could automate this? As in could an Add on be built that makes the connection.

If anyone else wants the excel app that I have built I'll post it.

GuppyDRV

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        This is unexpected and I will report this to development.

Slippage is applied to all executions where it is possible. This includes both the entries and exits.

I will check with development, but I think this will be a feature request.

Thank you for your notes, I will follow up here with additional information.
        Patrick,

I just did another check and it appears that slippage is only being applied to the entry. I built a simple strategy to ensure that the bars were huge so that bar size could not impact. BTW I am only using market orders.

I'm sure it's been a process but when done NT8 looks like a real upgrade from NT7.

GuppyDRV

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for the help. I have created an excel application that does this but I still have to manually click on each page that I want to export and select export.

Do you know of a way that I could automate this? As in could an Add on be built that makes the connection.

If anyone else wants the excel app that I have built I'll post it.

GuppyDRV
          Can you provide a screenshot of the report(s) you wish to merge?

Comment

Patrick,

I just did another check and it appears that slippage is only being applied to the entry. I built a simple strategy to ensure that the bars were huge so that bar size could not impact. BTW I am only using market orders.

I'm sure it's been a process but when done NT8 looks like a real upgrade from NT7.

GuppyDRV
            Can you provide a screenshot showing the exits with no slippage?

Comment

Patrick,

Will do but am out for the holiday as of now. I'll catch you after the long weekend. I hope you have a good Turkey Day as well.

GuppyDRV

Comment

slippage incorrect

pic was two runs with the SampleMACrossOver strategy. "total slippage" shows as 0.34375 points (0.34375/0.03125 = 11 so the analyzer applied slippage to 11 of the 12 orders). given ZB has a $1000 point value, difference between "total net profit" should be $343.75. it is not, it is $218.75.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'll try and get a few screen shots today to show the slip not being applied to the exit. I'm assuming it should be? Patrick can you confirm that slip should go on the entry and exit as in if I set slip at 2 I should see 2 on entry and 2 on exit for total slip on trade of 4? Or will it put 1 on entry and one on exit for total slip of 2? I believe NT7 used the first example of total slip of 4!

Any additional word on why slip will not show on first pass on the Analyzer screen but appears after I have selected some other display from the drop down list as shown in an above mention post?

GuppyDRV

Comment

Originally posted by jcash View Post
                    pic was two runs with the SampleMACrossOver strategy. "total slippage" shows as 0.34375 points (0.34375/0.03125 = 11 so the analyzer applied slippage to 11 of the 12 orders). given ZB has a $1000 point value, difference between "total net profit" should be $343.75. it is not, it is $218.75.
                    @Jcash

There might be instances where the Bar price range is not sufficient to apply slip. I believe but am asking for clarification that NT8 will take this into account. It might be applicable in your example.

GuppyDRV

Comment

@Jcash

There might be instances where the Bar price range is not sufficient to apply slip. I believe but am asking for clarification that NT8 will take this into account. It might be applicable in your example.

GuppyDRV
                      GuppyDRV,

good point. but i'm not really concerned with how many orders had slippage applied. 11 of 12 orders seems pretty good considering backtesting is constrained to high and low and not bid and ask.

NT8 isn't applying the slippage that the analyzer determined through the historical fill engine. should have been $343.75 vs the $218.75.

Comment

Originally posted by jcash View Post
                        The Exit On Session Close executions do not have slippage applied. Please disable "Exit on session close" and run the test again. You should see that only the last execution does not have slippage applied as it is an Exit On Session Close.

Comment

I'll try and get a few screen shots today to show the slip not being applied to the exit. I'm assuming it should be? Patrick can you confirm that slip should go on the entry and exit as in if I set slip at 2 I should see 2 on entry and 2 on exit for total slip on trade of 4? Or will it put 1 on entry and one on exit for total slip of 2? I believe NT7 used the first example of total slip of 4!

Any additional word on why slip will not show on first pass on the Analyzer screen but appears after I have selected some other display from the drop down list as shown in an above mention post?

GuppyDRV
                          I can confirm that slippage will be applied to exits. Make sure to understand how the Standard Fill Resolution affects the fills as well by visiting the Understanding Order Fill Processing page: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ical_fill_.htm

For why it is not showing on first pass, can you detail what 'Backtest type' you are running and what Display you are viewing? Is this the Summary Display?

Comment

Yes the summary page but applied everywhere else and miraculously appears on summary if you select off then back to summary. The summary page for Back Test and WFO produce this issue. Still not getting slip on both sides of a trade even using internal moving average crossover. How would fill resolution effect this outside of a bar to small to accommodate said slip?

GuppyDRV

Comment

Hello GuppyDRV,

Thank you for your response.

For the fill resolution refer to how historical fill algorithm works: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...lFillAlgorithm

Perhaps we can setup a remote session to look into this with you on your PC?
                              Please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email if you would like to set up a remote support call.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

It gets really old just being referring to a link so I say again how would fill resolution effect slippage not showing on the summary page or being applied to both sides of a trade. The trade bars a more than large enough to accommodate slippage. The order type is market only.

Thank you for you reply.

GuppyDRV

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonker, 04-27-2024, 01:19 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by businessman1929, 04-29-2024, 01:28 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post businessman1929  
                                Started by bltdavid, 03-27-2023, 05:32 AM
                                18 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                                Started by NM_eFe, Today, 05:15 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NM_eFe
                                by NM_eFe