Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Discrepancy with cumulative delta across machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrepancy with cumulative delta across machines

Hello, I have a strategy utilizing cumulative delta running on a remote desktop connection, and today it made a mistake. After looking at the issue, I realized that the cumulative delta on my laptop and virtual machine were different, as well as a difference in data between the 1000 tick NQ data series on each. The differences were minor, but made a huge difference in performance today. Is there a reason for this, or something I can add to my program to fix this difference? Thanks

Hello rbeckmann05,

When using any kind of tick based series and comparing between platforms there can be differences depending on when each PC connected and what data it already had. If one PC has even 1 tick different that can cause differences in tick charts or how scripts calculate. To ensure they are both in sync you would need to do the following steps:

Before the trading session begins open NinjaTrader on both PC's
    Connect to the data feed on both PCs
    Open the charts you want to use
    From each chart right click and choose Reload historical data on both PC's
    Apply and enable the strategy on both PCs
    At this point once the session starts both PC's should be starting with the same tick data.

If you connect after the session starts and create charts or start the strategy you can end up missing data between the two PC's. One reason would be the time it takes to process and download historical data when opening a new chart or starting a strategy with a lookback period. If any ticks are missed then it will not directly align with another pc.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sofortune, Today, 10:19 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post sofortune  
    Started by sofortune, Today, 10:10 PM
    0 responses