Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error when trying to update strategy on other computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when trying to update strategy on other computers

Hi, I have a vendor license and one of my products I tried to do an update to but everyone who tried to install it is getting this error:
    Unable to create instance of NinjaScript 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies.SSMNQ12'. Most likely either the implementation no longer exists, there is no default constructor defined, the default constructor does not work correctly, or the 'OnStateChange' implementation for State=SetDefaults is flawed. The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception.

I have tried uninstalling previous versions, uninstalling and reinstalling NT, and it will still give this error when trying to install and use the new updated version. What can I do?

Hello RaygunWizzle,

Thank you for your post.

Do the previous version of the strategy and the updated version share the same name, or is SSMNQ12 unique to either the previous or updated version? This error can be caused for a variety of reasons, though we have seen some conflicts recently between certain versions of Agile.Net and NinjaTrader. If you are using Agile.Net to protect the compiled assembly, what version are you using? Also, what version of NinjaTrader are you exporting the script from? The full NinjaTrader version number may be found at Control Center > Help > About.

I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version 8.0.28.0 64-bit, I AM using Agile.Net to protect the compiled codes, I originally tried it under the same name but now am trying one with a new name (SSMNQ12, for version 1.2) but getting the same results. 6.9.1.2 of Agile.Net

Comment

Originally posted by RaygunWizzle View Post
        Version 8.0.28.0 64-bit, I AM using Agile.Net to protect the compiled codes, I originally tried it under the same name but now am trying one with a new name (SSMNQ12, for version 1.2) but getting the same results. 6.9.1.2 of Agile.Net
        Thank you for that information.

Agile.Net 6.9.1.2 is recommended for versions newer than 8.0.28.0. Since you are using 8.0.28.0, please download Agile.Net version 6.6.0.35 from the link at the bottom of this page and test the export with that version instead:

I suspect using version 6.9.1.2 was the cause of the error, though please let me know the results of this change and if any other errors persist.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Ok, it definitely has something to do with the Agile protection. I exported a non-protected compiled version and that worked. I installed the version you suggested but now get a whole new set of errors when I try to export as compiled assembly with it on. I assume I need to follow up with Agile.net now. Or else just also get the new version of NT, I just dont like the having to log in bit.

Comment

Ok, it definitely has something to do with the Agile protection. I exported a non-protected compiled version and that worked. I installed the version you suggested but now get a whole new set of errors when I try to export as compiled assembly with it on. I assume I need to follow up with Agile.net now. Or else just also get the new version of NT, I just dont like the having to log in bit.
            What kinds of errors are you receiving? Are they specific to NinjaTrader or Agile.Net? If they are NinjaTrader errors, please provide a screenshot.
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Otherwise, if they are Agile.Net-specific errors, you will need to reach out to SecureTeam. They have a contact page on their publicly available site:
            Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Comment

It looks like an error with the Agile.net, not NT. I took screenshots of it, but the error window wont let me show the entire error in one page. So had to take 16 screenshots to get all of it, haha.

Comment

It looks like an error with the Agile.net, not NT. I took screenshots of it, but the error window wont let me show the entire error in one page. So had to take 16 screenshots to get all of it, haha.
                I'd be glad to take a look and confirm if it's a NinjaTrader error or if it seems like it's an Agile.Net error; rather than sending all of the screenshots, what does the error message say? You don't have to include the whole text of the error, but just the gist of it should help me to identify whether it's from NinjaTrader or not.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Well it wont let me copy the text from the error message either. Here, I will just post a couple of them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well it wont let me copy the text from the error message either. Here, I will just post a couple of them.
                    Thanks for that information.

Yes, per the message you must contact AgileDotNet support which would be the SecureTeam who may be reached at the following link I shared:
                    Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Massinisa  
                    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes