Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sets are shifting to the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sets are shifting to the end

when i click on inputs and variables..and then go back to conditions and actions sets shift to the end. completely frustrating as i have 50+ sets. and, have to un-do the shift back to where they were. and, my strategy builder is extremely slow. like, 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes for every change. is there a way to stop the sets from moving. i even did compile to make sure it saved. and, it still did it.

50+ sets?

Maybe you've reached the point where editing the
    source code becomes easier than using the builder?

Just saying ...

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

In regard to the sets shifting, please try making a small sample that causes that to happen so we can review iif something is happening incorrectly. Try to make a strategy with a few sets like 3 or 4 sets and then complete the action which is causing them to shift. You may need to copy the code being used from the old strategies set which is shifting into the new strategy to recreate that.

As for the number of sets, while you technically can make a strategy that has a lot of sets it will slow down the compile time as more complex sets are added due to having to generate the XML code at the bottom of the strategy file. If you are making a very complex strategy we generally suggest to manually code that type of strategy at that point. You can still use the builder to generate code and then click view code so you can copy/paste it into your manually coded strategy. That would help with compile times and also avoid problems with the sets shifting.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. when i compile. then go through 'finish' then re-open it doesn't happen. so, i'll just do that to ensure problem doesn't arise again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post dp8282
        by dp8282

Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes