Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bar brush. 1 bar ago. not intra bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bar brush. 1 bar ago. not intra bar

i'm trying to have the bar a color when it 's open is below and close is above a line. i have it as 1 bar ago. then i have do something as bar brush. will it make the [0] bar after the open below and close above line a color - or, the 1 bar ago? and, how many bars does in paint? do i need to turn it off?

Hello SteveReiza,

If you are using BarBrushes with 1 bars ago will color the previous bar. BarBrush references only the current bar.

If your condition remains true for multiple barrs that would let the bar brush color bars in a row, the condition would need to stop being true in order to color only 1 bar.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. i don't see how i can do this without unlocking the code. is there a way to do it in the strategy builder and say 1 bar ago for bar brush on the 'signal' that i have referenced at 1 bar ago? or, am i limited to having it brush the candle right after?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

If you are using the strategy builder you can only color the current bar, it will color as many bars as the condition is true. If your condition remains true it will color multiple bars in a row.

I would also suggest in the future to let us know if your question is for the strategy builder just so we can get you the correct information on the first reply.

Comment

thanks for the reply. right on, i'll do that from here on. cool, i'll just brush the next bar then after the 'signal' being that i'm going to stick with no unlocking the code so i can remain in the strategy builder. it won't be true again on the following bar so it won't keep brushing. i have the entry method for it to happen this morning, but it didn't. i have bar brush as the action. is there anything i need to have there?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

If you have the bar brush in the entry method but don't see the bar colored that would mean the condition to enter was not true. Thats a simple way to debug a strategy to know if a condition is becoming true or not, based on that result the next step would be to add a print in a new empty set and output the time and also the values you used in that condition. That would let you know why the condition was not true at a specific time.

Comment

thanks for the reply. the conditions were true. i was watching the chart it was supposed to appear on. i had trades enter off them so i know its not the conditions. the only thing i can think is that i have them all to 1 bar ago. and you said it only does intra bar. so the conditions would need to be about the [0] bar?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello SteveReiza

If there was no bar colored that would mean the condition was not true. You mentioned you had trades happen but there are no trades in that set so there must be some difference between this set and the other. You would need to use a print to see what the values are for the groups you made.

I had not mentioned anything about intrabar, I had mentioned that the strategy builder can only color the current bar, that would be the bar which is being processed or 0 bars ago.

Comment

thanks for the reply. okie dokie. i'll check into using prints on it to see what's going on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                  4 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post jgualdronc