Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Account PnL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account PnL

Good afternoon, I have several strategies running at the same time, I would like to get the PnL value of the whole account. I tried using Position Account.Get Unrealized Profit Loss(Performance Unit.Point, Close[0] ), but it returns the PnL value of the strategy. How can I get the PnL value of an entire account? Thanks

Hello Bogdan097,

PositionAccount would be how to do that from a strategy. Are you certain that both strategies placed realtime positions? The account values are only for realtime positions so if one strategy had entered historically and the other in realtime that would be a situation where you would only see the pnl for one strategy.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the two strategies work in real time since I disabled the history in the code. I make a conclusion and get the PnL of each strategy.

double totalUnrealizedProfit = PositionAccount.GetUnrealizedProfitLoss(Performanc eUnit.Points, Close[0]);
      Print(totalUnrealizedProfit);

Comment

Hello Bogdan097,

Did the two strategies enter at about the same price point? The account positions average price is used to calculate the unrealized, if both strategies entered near the same price then the unrealized may match one of the strategies directly.

You should see that the value you get back is the same value as the control center positions tab unrealized pnl for the position on the instrument. Are you seeing that match?

Comment

No, the entry price is different because one Expert opens a buy-stop limit and the second one opens a sell-stop limit. Is this most likely a mistake? And how can I get a PnL account?

Comment

Hello Bogdan097,

If you are buying and selling on the same account and instrument that would make the account flat but each strategy would think it was in a position. Two strategies cannot trade opposite from each other on the same account. Are you trying to get PnL from multiple accounts?

Comment

No, I have a strategy that works on two different currency pairs. My idea is that if one strategy loses -100 and the second one earns +200, I get a PnL account and if I earn for example $ 100, then I close all transactions

Comment

Hello Bogdan097,

A position is your current buy or sell into a single market, if you are using multiple currencies you have multiple positions. Each strategy would have a unique position that is not shared with the other strategy because it is running on a different instrument. If you want the overall accounts unrealized PnL that you see in the account tab you need to use the addon framework to find an account and then use the Account.Get method.

Comment

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.
                  May I also ask if it is possible to make flatten everything in the code?

Comment

Hello Bogdan097,

I would suggest to have the strategies close their own positions using exit orders so the strategies individualized performance can collect the exit and maintain the strategies logic. Closing positions from outside the strategies using the addon approach will prevent them from knowing that happened and could allow them to still exit the non existing positions.

Comment

I get it, thanks a lot for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Massinisa  
                      Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM