Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy not entering and entry method is present on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy not entering and entry method is present on chart

i have all my strategies firing on all cylinders except the ones where i have an entry method that has a low or high within so many ticks of a keltner line. i am using the strategy builder. there isn't a way to have a method with an && . which i think is needed to have these trades work. i have if low is greater than - 6 from keltner line, and low is less than 9 from keltner line. is that correct? i'm using strategy builder to state it. i feel like if i were to manually edit the script and have the two connected by && it would work. is that the case?
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

The conditions that you have right now are all connected by &&, you have 'If All" selected which makes and conditions. The reason that does not work is that the two first conditions cannot be true at the same time, the price cant be both below and above the plot. You would need to add a group condition and add those two conditions to the group instead. In the group select "If Any" from the dropdown which makes an OR condition.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. but, i'm trying to say that the low is within that range. doing that doesn't that not preclude it from being greater than 9 or less than -6?
      Last edited by SteveReiza; 02-16-2024, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

If that was the goal then you need to make sure that the low is falling between the values you are offsetting. You can use prints to output the values you are using in the strategy to see when the condition should be true.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. and, thanks for the explanation that they are && in the strategy builder. yes, that's what I thought i did with having the &&..low greater than -6 and less than 9. Should i just have a bunch of low equals..and, in that range. because, the trades are only executing the equals when the low is there. not the in between.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes