Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

positions window. can have open strategies by signal name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

positions window. can have open strategies by signal name?

i have multiple sets in my strategy. and, in the control panel positions window. it shows i have an open position. is there a way to show open position by entry signal name?

Hello SteveReiza,

There is not a way from the positions window to see associated orders, the positions tab only shows the account position which is just a quantity and the direction of the position.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. okay thanks.

can you put this in as a request for updates in new versions of NT. it was recommended to me to have not that many strategies accessing the same instrument all at once. so, i combined them into sets and groups into one strategy. i'd like to see which one is active.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

The signal names that your strategy uses are only used for its internal order related logic which would be used for associating orders together and is also listed in the strategies performance information. That is not part of the information which the broker gets and is not part of the information for a position. In regard to the account position the only information that a position contains is the entry price, quantity and instrument. That could come from any source such as manual trading or a strategy.

To find out which of your sets produced an order you could change the signal names that you are using to be unique and then use the orders tab to see what orders were placed.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. alright sweet. yes! i needed to know that. i knew there was somewhere i could see which one is active. thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns