Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buy candle open strategy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy candle open strategy help

This is my "buy candle open strategy" i have posted about before. Its refined now with a proper write up and video example. if anyone is willing to help me make this or wants to make it for me lets me know. i dont have much of a budget for this but i have a small one if anyone wants a couple bucks. I may have to learn how to do it myself also. Anyways just thought i would post and see what happens. Thanks!

VIDEO

WRITE UP

Strategy name: Entry threshold with offsets

This strategy consists of two scenarios. A long scenario and a short scenario.

“+” = amount of ticks above current bar open price

“-“ = amount of ticks below current bar open price

Threshold = profit side offset & loss side offset combined to create a bracket

Profit side offset = current bar open price + (offset value in ticks)

Loss side offset = current candle open price - (offset value in ticks)

Offset values are defined by user in the strategy setup window.

LONG SCENARIO RULES

Profit side offset should have a value range from 0 to +5 ticks in a long scenario in reference to current bar open price

Loss side offset should have a range value of 0 to -5 ticks in a long scenario in reference to current bar open price

If current ask price = (profit side offset value )or (loss side value) or any price in between these two values place a “buy ask order”

If current ask price is > (profit side value) place a “buy limit order” @ (profit side value)

If current ask price is < (loss side value) place a “buy stop limit order” @ current bar open price

If current ask price

SHORT SCENARIO

Profit side offset should have a value range of 0 to -5 ticks in a short scenario in reference to current bar open price

Loss side offset should have a value range of 0 to + 5 ticks in reference to current bar open price

If current bid price = (profit side offset value ) or (loss side value) or any price in between these two values place a “sell bid order”

If current bid price is < (profit side value) place a “sell limit order” @ (profit side value)

If current bid price is > (loss side value) place a “buy stop limit order” @ current bar open price

LONG SCENARIO EXAMPLE

profit side offset value is set to +2

Loss side offset value is set to -2

Candle open price = 100 (in this example)

Ask Price is at 98 when I hit the buy button

buy ask limit order is set @ 98

Ask Price is at 99 when I hit the buy button

buy ask limit order set at 99

Ask Price is at 100 when I hit the buy button

buy ask limit order is set at 100

Ask Price is at 101 when I hit the buy button

Buy ask limit order is set at 101

Ask Price is at 102 when I hit the buy button

buy ask limit order set at 102

Ask Price is at 103 when I hit the buy button

buy limit order set at 102
    And any ask price above 102 will be a 102 buy limit order

Ask price is at 97 when I hit the buy

buy stop limit order set at 100
    And any ask price below 98 wil be a buy stop limit at 100

Same thing for a short scenario but inverse. So I will sell the bid any bid price below the profit side offset will be a limit order set on the offset and any bid price above the loss side offset will be a sell stop limit at current bar open price

Hello Douglee,

Thanks for your post.

In the Support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify code or logic on your behalf. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services in our support. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

This forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights or offer their services.

If you need someone to write this script for you on your behalf, you can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more!

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...mming-services

Educators - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...ures=education

You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes