Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop loss now. bool for stop loss and profit triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop loss now. bool for stop loss and profit triggers

i had a strategy in NT7 that used a stepped stop. i paid for it from an ecosystem partner. it didn't have frequency or trailing by amount. it was just the profit trigger and the profit capture. and, i was able to use a regular stop loss and profit target. i'm trying to remember how it worked. i think there was a stop loss bool called stop loss now. is there anything in the NT8 that has something pertaining to that term?

Hello SteveReiza,

It sounds like whatever you had made was custom made to your specifications, there is nothing in NinjaScript by that name. If the developer provided you with the source code you can view the code using the NinjaScript editor and then transcribe that logic into a NT8 script.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply.

i lost the tablet i had them on. so, am trying to re-engineer. i have all the entry methods with new and improved methods. its just the stop loss i have to get.

when a double is used. for instance the stop loss now was set at zero. then when the trade happened. it was set to 1. how long does it stay set at 1? is it just for the duration of the trade activity? then it automatically resets to zero. or, is that something that needs a method.

there must have been something that stated to do something when stop loss now was at 1.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

I am not sure what you mean, a stoploss needs a price, 0 and 1 would not be valid prices for a stoploss unless the instrument was trading around the price of 1$.

If you have a question about some code you are working on you would need to provide a sample of what you need help with so we have context for the questions you are asking.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. i figured it out. i'm using average position price with + or - ticks with a bool and if current position equals market position long to trigger an exit long stop order.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui
          by llanqui

Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes