Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

error disabling strategies. from log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error disabling strategies. from log

i'm getting an error message in the log. and, i'm not sure what it means.
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

The warning that you have shown will not disable a strategy, that is just letting you know the strategy tried to place a historical trade very early on in processing. The default bars required to trade is 20 bars so the strategies condition to trade become true before that point and the order was ignored.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. some of my strategies are no longer enabled after it happens though. alright is there a reason its trying to place a historical trade?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

That would be for a different reason then. The warning that you pictured is not something that can disable a strategy, there are also no disabled strategies being listed in that image.

The reason its trying to place a historical trade is because your condition to trade became true. A strategy trades based on the conditions that you make. When you apply a strategy it runs over the bar series and does a historical backtest before entering realtime.

Comment

two of my strategies execute. but i have other ones that don't. and, i see their entry methods on the chart happening and no execution from the automated strategy occurs. they are simple too just price below bollinger 3 bars ago. 2 bars ago low below bollinger, high above bollinger. and 1 bar ago close above low + 20 ticks - then enter. i have a lot of strategies similar to this. and none of them are entering.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

It is best to test a single strategy at a time so you can identify what is happening, until you know what you made works well that will help with diagnosing problems. Comparing strategies that have different logic would not be a good way to identify problems, you will need to test and debug each strategy individually.

Looking at the chart to see if entry conditions are met is not the same as knowing the logic worked, you would need to add prints into the script to identify if the condition to trade was true or not. You can also use TraceOrders to check if orders are being ignored for any reason.

Comment

thanks for the reply. i see where i can select trace orders in the strategy builder. where do i read the output at? the output window? do i have to do print with that?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Yes that goes to the output window. You need to remove and re apply the strategy when changing the strategies default settings. Prints would also go to the output window but would be for your own use, you can use prints in conditions to see if they are true or output values to know what the strategy is seeing logically.

Comment

thanks for the reply. alright sweet. i'll check into both trace and print and see what's going on. thanks for the guidance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post AaronKoRn  
                  Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post carnitron