Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using OrderFlowTradeDetector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using OrderFlowTradeDetector

Hello Team,

I would like to use the OrderFlowTradeDetector in my strategy. There is no documentation in the system so I used trial and error. So far without any success :-)
    Would you mind providing a short snippet of code how to access the 4 values provided per candle? (S / B / V P)

TradeDetector = OrderFlowTradeDetector(TradeDetectorBaseLargeVolum eOn.BidAsk, 100, 50, TradeDetectorSizeBase.Session, false);

Thanks

Hello schollf,

The Order Flow Trade Detector is not documented because it is not exposed for NinjaScript access. The only Order Flow tools available in NinjaScript are the cumulative delta, volumetric bars, and VWAP as listed in the help guide pages below:Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily, thanks for the quick response. Actually the function is exposed and looks useable. Could you check that internally if there is some kind of documentation?

Comment

Originally posted by schollf View Post
        Hi Emily, thanks for the quick response. Actually the function is exposed and looks useable. Could you check that internally if there is some kind of documentation?
        There is no NinjaScript documentation for the Order Flow Trade Detector. The code you are using is undocumented and unsupported. It is subject to change at any time without notice and should be used at your own risk.

I will gladly submit a feature request to add support for this item in the future if you'd like. Please let me know if this interests you and I will follow up accordingly.

Thank you for your time and patience.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by itrader46, Today, 10:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post itrader46  
        Started by NM_eFe, Today, 10:13 AM
        0 responses