Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy deployment into multiple time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy deployment into multiple time frames

Hello, Ninja trader familia, have a strategy which I have nearly finished, but I am working to deploy on 1,2,3,4,5,....30min time frames. The only way I have of doing this to my knowledge is to open numerous charts and enable the strategy on each of those charts. The problem with this is that I wouldn't know which time frame is alerting me to a possible trade. (My strategy plays a message using a .wav file), currently WAV file is set up for the 1 min. So an alert on 15 min plays 1 min alert.

The strategy using the "default instrument setting" which is why it can plot correctly on all the time frames.

I would like to do a few things:

1. read instrument settings:
    If NQ play NQ alert sound.
    If RTY play RTY alert sound.

if 15 min play alert for 15 min.
    if 10 min play alert for 10 min.
    ect.

2. I would like to avoid needing numerous windows open. Perhaps run the strategy from the control center, without having all the windows to all charts open? In my previous tests of enabling a strategy from control center it doesn't plot on the chart when i open that time frame or alert properly. Only when the strategy is enabled from the chart will it plot and alert. Also, the chart must be open.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hello RISKYBUSINEZZ,

Thanks for your post.

Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name could be used to get the name of an instrument the strategy is running on.

Instrument.MasterInstrument.Name: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ument_name.htm

To have plots from a strategy appear on a chart, the strategy would need to be enabled on the chart window specifically. Each strategy would have to be run from the separate chart windows.

Or, you could consider having multiple chart tabs for different instruments in one chart window and run the strategy in the separate chart tabs.

Plots from the strategy will not appear on a chart if the strategy is ran from the Strategies tab of the Control Center. Further, draw objects would not be rendered on a chart if the strategy is ran from the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Enabling a Strategy from the Control Center — https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?strategies_tab2.htm#UnderstandingTheStr ategiesTab

Enabling a Strategy in a Chart window — https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?running_a_ninjascript_strategy.htm#HowT oRunAninjascriptStrategyInAChart
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 02-04-2024, 06:05 PM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
    Started by PeakTry, Today, 10:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes