Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Playback mode signals mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback mode signals mismatch

I have below issue:

i made Indicator. It plots fine at normal current chart.

but when i use playback mode and use same indicator-
    with same timeframe /same chart for same previous dates on the chart:
    plotting is not exact same at playback mode running, vs- when indicator shows signals with historical data based chart running at simulation.

this is weird. How can i fix this?

Hello manitshah915,

Thank you for your post.

When using Playback, are you running this using Market Replay data or Historical data?

Discrepancies: Real time vs. Backtest - https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/discrepancies_real-time_vs_bac.htm

From the Help Guide:

"If you run a strategy in real-time on DAY1 and then DAY2, you are now backtesting your strategy on DAY1 data instead of processing like it did in real-time so there could be differences. You should understand how chart bars are built.

If using tick based charts, all it takes is a single tick difference between real-time and historical data to generate completely different looking charts. This in turn would impact the calculations of your strategy should the data sets be different."

When comparing a chart built during Playback versus a chart built from real-time market data, it is very possible for the charts to look different.

Please see this forum post that discuses determining the cause of differences between real-time, historical, and playback.
    Citizens of the NinjaTrader Community, A common question we hear from clients is 'why are results from backtest different from real-time or from market replay?'. Live orders are filled on an exchange with a trading partner on an agreed upon price based on market dynamics. Backtest orders are not using these market dynamics.

I recommend writing the data and values from your indicator to a text file, testing in real time and then in Playback to compare the differences.

Using StreamWriter to write to a text file: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes