Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug: Strategies do not get duplicated when duplicating a workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug: Strategies do not get duplicated when duplicating a workspace

If you support this feature request or bug report, please submit your comment so NT can add your vote, and hopefully increase the priority for the NT dev team.

I have reported this issue to NT via email and they have acknowledged the issue as a feature request instead of a bug. Thus, it would be great if users in this forum can support this with this vote.

Bug/Problem: When you duplicate a workspace which contains a set of configured strategies, those strategies get deleted from the original workspace and get transferred to the new workspace.

Intended behavior: When you duplicate a workspace, the set of strategies within that workspace should also be duplicated into the new workspace. You should not lose all the configured strategies in the original workspace. You should be able to configure the strategies within each workspaces without it affecting the strategies in the other workspaces.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1) Start NT 8.1.2.1
    2) Configure your "Original" workspace with charts and strategies
    3) Save the "Original" workspace
    4) Create a duplicate workspace by click Save as... and name it "Copy"
    5) Configure the "Copy" workspace with charts and strategies
    6) Save the "Copy" workspace
    7) Close NT and save all the workspaces
    8) Relaunch NT and it should load into the "Copy" workspace with your desired charts and strategies you configured in step Uncategorized Groups
    9) Switch to "Original" workspace. Your charts from "Original" workspace will appear, but the strategies from "Original" workspace will be missing, instead the strategies from "Copy" workspace will remain
    10) Close the "Copy" workspace and you will notice all the strategies will disappear.
    11) Now spend hours re-configuring your strategies again within the "Original" workspace only to lose them again whenever you duplicate the workspace.
    Last edited by wzgy0920; 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM.

NT support, I am following up on my request above. Will it be considered? This is a very important and crucial issue.

Comment

Hello wzgy0920,

While we are happy to assist on the forums or with you privately through email with our scriptingsupport[at]ninjatrader.com address, we respectfully ask that you only create one inquiry. This can be privately in email or can be a public thread on the forum.

Creating both a forum thread and a support email will create two separate tickets and may cause multiple technicians to start at the beginning of reviewing your inquiry, tying up resources with our platform support and delaying our ability to respond to all customers in a timely manner.​

We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

I have a received a private email from you with our support email, I will be following up with you there.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This needs to be addressed. Having a Copy or Backup of our Workspace with the Strategies is important. I'd appreciate it. Just happened to me twice and I thought my installation and database was bad, when this "Losing your strategies when workspace -save as or duplicated or copied - are not saved." Frustrating. Yes, please make this a feature, really, really appreciate it.

Comment

I suppose as 1 workaround, you can save your strategy as a Template in the Strategies Template. Still if you have 20-60 strategies on things your testing or instruments you trade at certain times, It can be a pain to restore.

Comment

Hello TraderTate,

Because the workspace links the strategy id which is pulled from the database, it will cause unexpected behavior to occur if two workspaces are referencing the same strategy id.

I've added your vote to feature request SFT-6174, to clone a new instance of the strategy when copying the workspace and link to the new strategy instance id.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Please fix this bug. Between the previous release v8.1.2.1 and the latest release this week v8.1.3.0, you guys had 5 months to fix this...

Comment

Hello wzgy0920,

This is the expected behavior.

I have added your vote to SFT-6174.

Thank you for your vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by FishTrade, 05-13-2024, 11:11 PM
                3 responses