Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why do some strategies fail to activate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do some strategies fail to activate?

This happens rarely. I'm running the exact same strategy under 20 different charts/time frames, with different parameters. Yet, a few instances fail to activate, even though I have them enabled. Why?

Thanks,

Attached Files

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for your notes.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)​

When you enable those strategies by clicking the 'Enable' button on the Strategies tab of the Control Center, does the strategy eventually enable after it has finished calculating logic?

Do you see any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center when trying to enable the strategies?

If so, what exactly does the error message report? Send a screenshot of the error messages so we may see what they are reporting.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon, hey there, following up to this, I found that if I wait 5-15 minutes after enabling the strategy when I load a new chart, then the strategy status flips from white to green. I think what's going on is, the chart hasn't loaded all of the data, so the strategy can't activate.

Comment

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for your notes.

If the strategy does turn from white to green in the Strategies tab of the Control Center then this means the strategy needed to finish calculating logic on historical data.

You should make sure that the chart has loaded all data before enabling a NinjaScript strategy on the chart.

If the strategy has a high amount of calculations to do, draws a large number of objects on the chart, is being used on a large amount of data, or Tick Replay is enabled then this would cause the strategy to take longer to calculate historical data.

You may consider running the strategy on a chart that loads less data (such as fewer days to load), ensure Tick Replay is not enabled if it is not required for the strategy to run, and set the strategy to run using Calculate.OnBarClose instead of Calculate.OnPriceChange or Calculate.OnEachTick if possible. This would lessen the amount of historical data calculations the strategy would need to do.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes