Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is There a Difference Between Running a Strategy on a Chart Versus the Strategies Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There a Difference Between Running a Strategy on a Chart Versus the Strategies Tab

The title is essentially my question. I have been through the documentation on Running NinjaScript Strategies and there is no discussion one when one would be more appropriate to use than the other or if it matters. Do contracts have to be rolled over manually for both variations? If you have multiples strategies running, does it benefit your hardware capability to not have multiple real-time charts running constantly? If I start it in the chart, but then close that chart, will it disappear from the strategies tab too? If so, does that mean that the real-time trade data from that strategy would start over from that point too? I am just looking for some unknown unknowns.

Thanks,
    atariaf

Hello atariaf,

Thanks for your post.

If you run a NinjaScript strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center then the strategy will not process drawing objects or plot lines which could increase your platform's performance.

When a strategy is run on the Chart, draw objects and plot lines from the strategy would be rendered on the chart and this would slightly decrease the platform's performance due to the rendering for draw objects and plots.

Yes, you should manually rollover expired contracts regardless of if a strategy is running from the Strategies tab of the Control Center or Chart window.

Yes, if you are running a strategy in a chart window and then close the chart window, the strategy will be closed also and will no longer show in the Strategies tab of the Control Center.The strategy would start from the realtime data when the strategy is readded to a Chart window or Strategies tab of the Control Center.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Answered all my questions. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM