Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Loosing data on Strategy Analyzer log entries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loosing data on Strategy Analyzer log entries.

I'm trying to run my strategy through the Strategy Analyzer. I want to be able to compare prior runs, but in the log, the results seem to get corrupted. As soon as I run the strategy again, the # of trades and Total net profit go to zero. If I run the same setup twice and go back to the prior run, it looks totally different. Is it time to re-install NT8? I've tried deleting the cache, tick, day, and minute folders and that doesn't seem to help. I've tried with and without tick replay and different timeframes. Same result.

Last edited by d3whiteley; 11-17-2023, 07:06 AM.

Hello d3whiteley,

Are you able to reproduce this with the SampleMACrossover included with NinjaTrader?

Are you connected to a data feed when re-running the test?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am connected to my usual data feed while running. I also ran the Sampe MA Crossover, and it works ok, so it is something in my strategy code. I did some testing. I was wondering if it may be my using the Draw functions for ArrowUp, ArrowDown, and DrawText so I removed that code, and it started working. Put it back in and started removing smaller pieces to track it down and ended up with it all removed again but still not working.

Comment

Hello d3whiteley,

In general we recommend avoiding drawing objects when backtesting by checking IsInStrategyAnalyzer.
        Hi there, I recently noticed that there may be an issue with memory allocation when running back testing. I noticed that the memory utilisation of my windows

If you comment out all logic, variables, and properties, then copy the simple crossover logic and retest and try the log are you still able to reproduce?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses