Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Additional Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Data

My Strategy use 2 Multi-time frame that I'm incorporating in the Strategy builder. How do I add the Ninzarenk Bars/bar.treshold in the Additional Data Strategy Builder.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1272398

Hello pickles1774,

Custom bar types (and advanced system bar types) cannot be selected in the Strategy Builder which is limited.

It would be necessary to unlock the script and code this by hand.

From the help guide:
    "Tips
    2. You can add a custom BarsType which is installed on your system by casting the registered enum value for that BarsPeriodType. For example: AddDataSeries((BarsPeriodType)14, 10);
    3. You can specify optional BarsPeriod values (such as Value2) of a custom BarsType in the BarsPeriod object initializer. For example: AddDataSeries(new BarsPeriod() { BarsPeriodType = (BarsPeriodType)14, Value = 10, Value2 = 20 });
    4. For the instrument name parameter null could be passed in, resulting in the primary data series instrument being used."

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I not experienced in coding, so to make less complicated, I can add a data series that is listed instead. When adding a new condition and action, it is not populating the options. It just shows a blank screen.Click image for larger version

Views:	105
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1272547

Comment

Hello pickles1774,

This may be a corrupted installation.

Please run the repair from the NinjaTrader installer.

Comment

Please help blank screen. I tried the Repair Database and that did not work.​​ Click image for larger version

Views:	96
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1272562

Comment

Hello pickles1774,

Repairing the database will have no effect on this.

The database is not the issue.

Please follow my directions and run the repair from the NinjaTrader installer to repair the installation.
            1. Shutdown NinjaTrader
            2. Download the NinjaTrader installation package from the link below
            3. NinjaTrader - Download
            4. Run the repair from this (if the repair is unsuccessful, uninstall and then re-install NinjaTrader)

Comment

I uninstall and reinstall, but still unsuccessful. I backup my file and reimported them.

Comment

Hello pickles1774,

Are there errors appearing on the Log tab of the Control Center when opening the Condition Builder window?

Please create a clean environment folder. To do so, there is an extra step of renaming the NinjaTrader 8 folder in documents.
                1. Shutdown NinjaTrader
                2. Rename (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\ to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8.original\​
                3. Download the NinjaTrader installation package from the link below
                4. NinjaTrader - Download
                5. Run the repair from this (if the repair is unsuccessful, uninstall and then re-install NinjaTrader)

After creating the clean environment folder, check if the conditions are still not appearing in the Strategy Builder.

If they are still not appearing, please send an email to scriptingsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com, with a link to this forum post so that we may schedule a call to assist.

Comment

Hello pickles1774,

I took a look at the image in the forum post and it appears that you just have the conditions section collapsed. If you look closely at the top of the image you provided there is a small rectangle below the word Conditions. You need to place the mouse just below that rectangle and hover the mouse over that area until it becomes a icon with an up and down arrow. Once you see the mouse icon change click and drag to expand that area. You will need to click and drag downward to expand the top portion of that editor window.​

The same needs to happen in the Action windows you pictured.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 10-20-2023, 09:49 AM.
                  JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post AaronKoRn  
                  Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes