Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Apex/Rithmic Multiple Entries Example Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apex/Rithmic Multiple Entries Example Issue

Hello!

Over the last 2 weeks or so I started receiving several messages of a strategy leaving behind a single order. This comes mainly from Apex/Rithmic users. I have also experienced this quite a bit over the last few weeks in my own trading.

I have updated my strategy to match the Rithmic/IB friendly example provided on this thread (Managed - Multiple Entries):
    Hello, I see in the documentation you have fixed: 15048 Added Adapter, Rithmic Updated Rithmic API to version 11.3.0.0 Can you elaborate on that please? Will OnOrderUpdate() OnExecutionUpdate() and OnPositionUpdate() be called in the expected order?

I spent several days updating everything I could, clearing a good chunk of my code to try and find the problem. Then I finally did what I should have done from the beginning. I loaded the example provided by itself and noticed the same problem was still happening with just the example.

Here is a video of the problem happening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16eJuPK0RhrvcQMauuDDG9QkmL5XIoP5G/view?usp=sharing

I'm also uploading a screenshot of the Orders window. Green is Order 2 (Good) Red is Order 1 (Bad)

Some additional info that may help:
    1. I noticed it tends to happen more if the Price moves and hits the target order (Don't move the target under the price).
    2. Doesn't happen all of the time. But only happens during live trading while using apex accounts. (Doesn't appear to be a problem on a SIM)
    3. It doesn't really matter on the order. Either Order 1 or 2 can fail. Usually depending which target is hit first.
    Please let me know if there is a known solution for this. Or if there is anything I can assist in figuring this out as it appears to only be an issue with those using Rithmic.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.
    Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello TradeSaber,

This may be due to how apex supplies events to the platform. I would suggest trying the unmanaged example instead to see if explicitly setting the OCO helps rather than using the managed order handlings signal name system. You may need to adjust the samples to work with apex events as those sample were created before apex was supported and are mainly focused on showing how to use the passed in variables to avoid problems with rithmic based connections. Those may not be fully complete samples as they were only tested on a very small range of connections and use cases.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
    37 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Padan
    by Padan

Started by SugarDefwebsite, Today, 02:18 AM
    0 responses