Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question for NT Vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for NT Vendors

Hey all,

We just got approved into the NT vendor program and are super excited about and grateful that the company offers such a service to software developers. We want to offer a monthly lease option to our customers, as well as a one-time fee option.

My question is specific to vendors who offer monthly subscriptions. How do you handle the license management? I've read through the documents and resources the NT vendor team sent over and I see no references to renewable licenses. Seems like the license management is manual, and we will have to handle the auto-renewal or cancellation (in case of failed payment) in our backend. Here's what my inclination tells me we'll have to do:

- Capture the subscription payment from our customer
    - Create a new license for a customer, give it some expiration date (say 2067)
    - Have our website/backend check that payment was made as expected on X date of each month (or +Y days after to allow a grace period)
    - If payment was not made as expected, our backend would notify us + the customer and we'd have to manually go in and disable their license

Do I have this correct? Is this how other vendors handle this?

As a second question for vendors, what do you all use for payment processing? We are currently using Stripe for one-time payments, but have heard from other vendors that they may reject our business due to compliance issues. I have not seen anything in Stripe's TOS to indicate that they do not support the sale of software product (strategies, add-ons, indicators) for trading. They do mention that "Investment and Brokerage Services" are prohibited.

Any insight or guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

jaybedreamin
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Zion Trading Algos

Hello jaybedreamin,

Thank you for your post.

I understand you have read through the documents and resources that were sent over to you by the Vendor Support team. That said, if you have any questions please reach out to them at the following email address:
    • VendorSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
    The Vendor Support team would be glad to assist you further if you would like more information about best practices for license management. Otherwise, this thread will remain open for any other vendors who would like to chime in or reach out to you with their insight.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader and welcome to the vendor program!
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Emily. Yes I plan to reach out to Vendor Support, but I was specifically curious as to how other vendors are handling this case.

I appreciate you for keeping this open!
      jaybedreamin
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Zion Trading Algos

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder