Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add plot to secondary panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add plot to secondary panel

I am trying to develop a strategy that uses the RSI and I want to add a different moving average to the panel and then plot up and down arrows based on conditions. I want to add these to the RSI panel and everything I do either does not show up at all or shows up on the candlestick chart and not on the separate, RSI panel. I am not using the Strategy Builder.

Please advise,

Sam

Hello smcllr,

In this case you would need to use a custom indicator if you wanted to additionally draw arrows in the sub panel. Drawing objects default to the price panel. For the objects to draw in the sub panel the indicator in that sub panel would need to draw the objects. You can do that by making a dummy indicator that gets added to the sub panel and then reads values from the strategy. There is a sample of that concept in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._a_ninjasc.htm

The take away from this sample is how the strategy uses an indicator with IsOverlay = false and that indicator reads values from the strategy to plot in the sub panel. You could plot the RSI value from that indicator in addition to anything else from your strategy that is needed such as whatever logic/data is used to generate the arrows.

You would additionally need to set the indicator to have DrawOnPricePanel = false so any drawing objects appear in the indicators panel.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=drawon
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ttrader23, Yesterday, 09:04 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ttrader23  
    Started by Salahinho99, 05-05-2024, 04:13 AM
    5 responses