Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issues after upgraded Ninja Trader Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues after upgraded Ninja Trader Desktop

Hi,

Is it just me or what. After I upgraded my Ninja Trader since I saw a popup that needed to upgrade Desktop App, I am always getting issues with using playback. Mostly it is hanging and debugging is sooooo slooowwwwwwwww and mostly not responding and I have to close and open the app again and again and again. This is so frustrating. How do I fix the issue? Even when running my strategy during live market, it keeps hanging.

Thanks.
    Starts
    06-02-2023
    Ends
    06-02-2023

Hello keyzclaire,

Thanks for your post.

Are you using NinjaTrader Desktop 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.6? This could be found in the Help > About window.

Do you use Market Replay data or Historical data on Playback? If you use Historical data, do you have Historical Tick data downloaded for the instrument you are testing? This could be seen in the Tools > Historical Data window.

Historical Data window: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm

What instrument are you testing using the playback connection?

When you see the Playback 'hang' is the date being played back at that time a weekend date or time when the market is closed?

If you test running the SampleMACrossover strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader using Playback, do you see the platform 'hang'? If so, what is the date/time noted in the Playback window when this occurs?

See this help guide page for more information about Playback: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for the late reply. I was previously using the old version NinjaTrader Desktop 8.0.28.0 that's why I was experiencing problems. After upgraded to newer version, I no longer experienced delay or slowness.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes