Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TradeStation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation

Hi, I've heard there is a way to send trades from my tradestation strategies to ninja traders through a .dll. I believe there is also an email way to do it but that seems like it will not work well. How can I do this? Where can I find instructions on how to send my tradestations orders, buy sell, exit stops, and move the stops?

Hello, thanks for writing in. You can set up the TradeStation Email integration to send signals from your TradeStation strategies to NinjaTrader. See here for how to set this up:

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL​
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris thank you but the page is not found, but I know how to set up the email, I have that set up. If I have an email set up that will send buy and sells but how about closes and moving the stop in my TradeStation strategy? I'm looking for the instructions on how to set up the .dll to send orders from Tradestation to Ninja Trader.

Thank You

RM

Comment

Hi, the DLL interface for TradeStation was only supported for NinjaTrader 7, See here for setup details for this method:

Through this the system is capable of submission, modification and cancellation of orders.

For the NinjaTrader 8 email interface you can cancel and replace any order from the Tradestation strategy and it will reflect the behavior in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thank you that's why the mystery. Can I Open, close, and modify the stop loss with the email setup? if I have a profit target hit in Tradstation and close order is sent, will my trade get closed?

Comment

Hi, that is correct, any order cancelation or submission that occurs on the TradeStation strategy will go directly to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi what is the corrected setting for the AT interface, TradeStation email interface and Submit market checked or not? when setting up email trades from Tradestation? My default setting is on the screenshot but the help file has

What is the last line "Submit market order if stop or...?

Thank You

RM
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, the instructions that I linked show that AT interface and TradeStation email interface needs to be checked. The recommended order handling setting is "Submit market order on TS fill". You can click and drag your mouse to expand the options window to reveal the entire message. The full message is "SUmbi market order if stop order was rejected". The details on each order handling option can be found in the help guide as well:

Comment

Thank you but the page is not found in your link.

Comment

Hil the link works for me. You can find the same link in the tradestation email setup guide under 7.Set your Order Handling options​

Comment

I have never used this email interface, but it's worth noting that email is not "time guaranteed"; i.e. from the the time an email is sent to when it is received is the length of a piece of string. In other words, do not rely on this email interface for time critical actions! Occasionally, emails "get lost" and never arrive, such is the nature of the thing! [If the interface works differently from this, and can be "guaranteed" to arrive and be processed within a reasonable maximum time, I would be pleased to know that.] A .dll is far preferable.

Thanks.
                      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                      jeronymite
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hi Jeronymite that was my thought to, right now I'm just testing the email have you used it? I would love to know how to integrate a dll, I've asked many times and have not had much help I was told the dll does not work with the current version of NinjaTrader only version 7. Can you tell me how to use the dll to place orders from Tradestation to Ninjatrader?

Comment

If I use the code from Ninjatrader7 I get an error NTCommand unknow identifier. I would guess I have to copy or add the dll to TradeStation but how and where?

The TradeStation sample code below illustrates the use of the NinjaTrader NtDirect.dll within an TradeStation Easy Language function script.

Sample Code
                          { Copyright (c) 2005, NinjaTrader LLC [email protected] }

DefineDLLFunc: "NtDirect.dll", int, "Command", lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, int, lpstr, double, double, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr, lpstr;

inputs: Cmd(string), Account(string), Action(string), Quantity(numericsimple), OrderType(string), LimitPrice(numericsimple), StopPrice(numericsimple), TimeInForce(string), Oco(string), OrderId(string), Template(string), Strategy(string);

NTCommand = Command(Cmd, Account, GetSymbolName, Action, Quantity, OrderType, LimitPrice, StopPrice, TimeInForce, Oco, OrderId, Template, Strategy);

Comment

The file NINJATRADER.ELD is not found not in Ninjatrader 8 not found on my computer. Is there another way to do this? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	169
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	1253082

Comment

Hi, the NTDirect.dll is not longer supported in NinjaTrader 8. The TradeStation DLL interface can only be used in NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes