Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Older, incompatible version of ninjatrader...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older, incompatible version of ninjatrader...

Hey,

i have an automated strategy programmed - when I try to import it - the message pops out -
    normaly I get it only when old indicators are involved - but they are not as far as I know.

Is it possible for someone from the NT support to check it ? maybe I overlooked something

This typically results from trying to import an indicator or strategy written for NinajTrader 7 into NinjaTrader 8. You would need to convert the script to NinjaTrader 8 for it to work with 8.x.

What version of NinjaTrader are you running, and what version was the strategy developed for? How long ago was it coded?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello krin81,

Thanks for your post.

QuantKey_Bruce is correct. This error typically occurs when you try to import a NinjaTrader 7 NinjaScript indicator or strategy onto NinjaTrader 8.

Unfortunately, due to the code-breaking changes to the structure of NinjaScripts as well as changes to the NinjaScript properties and methods, no scripts created for NinjaTrader 7 will import into NinjaTrader 8.

You could open the .zip file and view the .xml file to see if the script was made for NinjaTrader 7 or NinjaTrader 8.

If the script is made for NinjaTrader 7, it would need to be converted to work with NinjaTrader 8. Or, you could contact the developer of the script to see if they have a NinjaTrader 8 version of the script.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes