Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy running only on Sim101 account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy running only on Sim101 account

I'm running my strategy on my real account but the strategy always running on Sim101 account. I made sure that i chose my account in the strategy window but still not clear why it is always taking Sim101 account.

This may be very basic question but sorry i couldn't solve it. Can someone help me?
    Attached Files

Hello gayathri,

To confirm, the live account is showing for the instance on the strategies tab of the Control Center?

If you view the Strategy Performance -> Real-time, this showing orders have been submitted in real-time?
    Those same real-time orders are showing on the Log tab of the Control Center as being submitted to the Sim101?

8.1.1.5 has been released, but may I confirm you are using at least version 8.1.1.3?

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I can see my real account in the strategy window and i selected it while enabling my strategy. It takes first trade at 5:36 AM PST every morning. When i checked real time orders, it wasn't showing anything. I can see Log shows all trades are submitted with Sim101 account.

Attached are the screenshots, along with the version i'm using.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello gayathri,

If the real-time strategy performance window is not showing any orders on the orders display, this is not the strategy instance that submitted those orders.

The orders that appear in the real-time strategy performance window are the orders submitted in real-time by this strategy instance. Do you have other strategy instances running?

Add prints to the script that print the State along with the order.ToString() in OnOrderUpdate().
        This output will show what orders the strategy has placed and what state the strategy was in when the orders where submitted.

Enable TraceOrders and print all values used in the condition that submits orders.
        This output will tell you why or why not the condition has evaluated as true and submitted the order.

Below is a link to a forum post on using prints to understand behavior.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes