Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

RSI Filter Below upper and lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSI Filter Below upper and lower

I am trying to create a strategy in the Strategy Builder but i cant find how i can set a // RSI filter to RSI is less than Upper (60) and Greater than RSI Lower band (40)
    rsi_filter = rsi < rsi_upper and rsi > rsi_lower​

Hello SevanKambel,

Thank you for your post.

You may compare the values of multi-plot indicators in the Strategy Builder and set up conditions like the following examples:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
      Hello SevanKambel,

Thank you for your post.

You may compare the values of multi-plot indicators in the Strategy Builder and set up conditions like the following examples:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Thank you! I believe that helped clear it up - HOWEVER when the buy signal appears after the EMA crosses it seems to be ONE bar late? And i cant seem to fix it ​- how can i make it one bar back?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello SevanKambel,

Thank you for your reply.

What is the calculate property set to for your strategy? If you have it set to calculate On Bar Close, this would be expected because the script would only run through the OnBarUpdate() logic on the close of each bar. If you would like intrabar actions in real time, you will need to set the calculate property to On Price Change. For more information:You may adjust the default value from the Default Properties screen of the strategy builder:
          Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
            Hello SevanKambel,

What is the calculate property set to for your strategy? If you have it set to calculate On Bar Close, this would be expected because the script would only run through the OnBarUpdate() logic on the close of each bar. If you would like intrabar actions in real time, you will need to set the calculate property to On Price Change. For more information:You may adjust the default value from the Default Properties screen of the strategy builder:
            Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Yes i have tried it set On Price Change - still the same bar for entry - cant figure it out for the life of me and it changes everything ha - and it wont let me select offset or anything to see if that would work
            Last edited by SevanKambel; 04-12-2023, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Hello SevanKambel,

The offset setting is disabled for a Cross Above or Cross Below condition because only the value for the series selected is compared. This is mentioned in the release notes here:

Are you observing this behavior in real-time or on historically processed orders? I suggest adding print statements to the Strategy Builder to review all values used in your conditions. For more information about using Prints to debug and understand your script's behavior, along with a video about adding prints in the Strategy Builder, please see the following links:Thank you for your patience. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:08 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ETFVoyageur  
              Started by kujista, 04-22-2024, 07:46 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes