Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for the closest existing indicator Ninjatrader may have or in the sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the closest existing indicator Ninjatrader may have or in the sharing

Hi,

I am looking for something like this https://app.screencast.com/CtemWqd09lefV see the bottom...when in the gray area it is low volatility and chop. Here is the indicator here in tradingview https://www.tradingview.com/script/5...p-and-explode/

I am looking for the closest existing indicator Ninjatrader may have or in the sharing section in your opinion?

I am not looking for you to develop it...just looking for ideas or what you may know you have that is closest to it (you can send 2-3 ideas)?

Thanks.

Greg

Hello birdog,

If that indicator has a specific name for the concept it uses you could try searching for that on the user app share. I wouldn't be able to tell from the image what its doing to say if anything in the platform is included that is like that. You can also search the help guide for certain terms like Chop, if any system indicators include that in their name or description they would show up in the results. To recreate what you are seeing in the image or tradingview you would likely need to create that yourself or have it developed for you.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jesse Thanks. Can you tell from this https://www.tradingview.com/script/5...p-and-explode/ and the actual code is below if you scroll down. It is detecting chop and trend on whatever time frame it is on. That being said, is there any existing indicator candidates that "may" be close to it you know of? I will keep looking myself too. I will keep the other things in mind you said too.

Comment

Hello birdog,

That wouldn't be something I could match with an existing item, our support is generally not familiar with user uploaded scripts on the app share to make that type of comparison. Looking at the code doesn't really help to match it as we don't know what each of the third party items do in their code, we would only have the description that the user provided. To actually know what those scripts do would require downloading them and viewing their code to see if its similar.

The script you linked to uses items that are not in NinjaTrader so you would have to also have something which recreates those calculations for it to be similar. For example rma is not an indicator in NinjaTrader so that would need recreated to do a similar calculation. We also wouldn't know how the tradingview scripts work overall, generally you would need to debug the script in the external application to see how its calculating and then try to match that in NinjaScript to get a similar result.

There are a few items in the help guide if you search for Chop and some items on the app share but you would need to go through and see if that does the same calculation or not. Very likely you would need to re create that item in NinjaScript if you wanted to have it work similar or the same.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post junkone
        by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        12 responses