Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple entry from Horizontal Line using Strategy Builder....help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple entry from Horizontal Line using Strategy Builder....help!!

I can't find a solution to an "easy" problem. I want to be able to plot (draw) a simple horizontal line and wait for the price to go below, and then enter a long position on the first candle that closes above this horizontal line, while using the Strategy Builder in NT8. Inversely, I'd like to be able to do this for entering short also. There is a "Constant Line' Indicator in NT that has 4 lines "plots" available. I think this might work? I'm not sure how to set it up though. Can anyone recommend direction? Any videos?
    Thank you​

Hello pwmmmm,

For this type of use you could use a horizontal drawing object to display the value that your strategy calculated. There would not be a way to manually configure lines and then have the strategy builder script read that. Any type of condition you make to trade in the builder needs to be controlled by a price condition. For example checking if the close price crosses above or below a target price. The target price needs to be something that your strategy can calculate. If you used the constant line indicator you would need to configure in the strategies conditions specific prices that you wanted for that indicator, its plots could then be used in a price condition where close is crossing above/below the indicators plot.

You can see how price conditions are made here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ataComparisons

There is also a webinar on the public youtube channel that covers making a strategy and explains all of the screens: https://youtu.be/VxU4FR6GWNA
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Balage0922  
    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
    0 responses