Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why is my 1 contract ES Market Order Strategy creating multiple duplicate trades ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my 1 contract ES Market Order Strategy creating multiple duplicate trades ?

I am new to working with NT strategies so I might be making a newbie error. I have a custom ES strategy running in Sim and often, what should be just a one-off 1 contract market-order trade, ends up with multiple (2 to 6 times) duplicate trades happening. At one stage I ended up with 15 Buy trades running even though I had set the parameter to 10 max in any direction.

Am I missing something in the set up ?

These are my settings -

Order fill resolution is = Standard (fastest)
    Slippage = 0
    Entries per direction = 10
    Entry handling = unique entries
    Exit on session close = off
    stop and target submission = by strategy position
    Default quantity = 1
    Set order quantity = default quantity

​If it is not a fault in my settings, does anyone know what might be going on here ?

Hello DragonTamer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum community!

Based on your settings, it would be possible to get multiple entries in one direction. If you want to completely avoid multiple entries and only allow one entry in the same direction, you would want to set 'Entries per direction' to 1 and 'Entry handling' to All Entries. Descriptions of each property, along with code snippets, may be found in the help guide here:The behavior with entry handling set to unique entries also depends on the signal names for your entry orders; if you have a unique name for every single entry, it would be possible to have a scenario such as the one you described with "15 Buy trades running even though I had set the parameter to 10 max in any direction."

TraceOrders is a useful debugging tool that you could also consider enabling in order to see information in the NinjaScript Output regarding orders. For more information:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post pibrew
    by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response