Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

”Day of the week" is not reflected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

”Day of the week" is not reflected.

Hello.
    I would like to verify using the Strategy Analyzer.
    I would like to use the "Specify Day of the Week" command from the Strategy Builder.
    I want to trade only on certain days of the week, but when I verify with the Strategy Analyzer, the results are not displayed and the number of attempts is zero.
    What should I do?
    The program is as shown in the picture.
    The program I am testing in the Strategy Analyzer is "ES06-23", but the same results are obtained with other programs.​
    Attached Files

Hello silver211,

I tried the condition on my end and see it working. Does your strategy have any way to exit the entry? If it does not exit there would be no paired trade to display so the results page would show 0's. This could also relate to the data series you are using, I tried using 60 minute bars on the ES 03.23.

I also see you are using a contract that has just rolled over so this may relate to the dates selected in the analyzer. you could try the 03-23 contract instead.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for reply. Exit entry is as shown in the following image.
      Exit when RSI 14 exceeds 70.
      ​It is not reflected in all data, including ES03-23. Is this not possible with free data?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by silver211; 03-13-2023, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Hello silver211,

What data feed are you using? If you use the kinetick end of day connection the only data that is available would be historical daily bars. You can use a chart to view the data that you have available.

Comment

Hello,Jesse. I have found that when trading hours is specified, it is displayed. This is the correct usage, right?

Comment

Hello silver211,

Typically, it is recommended to use the <use instrument settings> for the Trading hours to use the trading hours of the exchange for the specific instrument.

In the Kinetick End Of Day Free connection, only daily bars can be used and this will be when the day bar closes.

Add Prints to see if the RSI is greater than 70 when the bar closes.

See the video 'Debugging using prints with the Strategy Builder' in the forum post linked below.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, ChelseaB.

The results are only displayed when you select "ASX INDEX FUTURES" or "ASXInterest rates" from the "trading hours" field in the "Time frame" section, but not the others. If nothing is selected, the number of attempts will be zero, as shown in the image below.

I think "ASXIndexFutures" refers to the Australian Futures Index, does this mean that it is calculated in Australian trading hours?

How can I calculate it in local time or 24 hours?​
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello silver211,

You would need to use prints to see how your condition is evaluating. The image you have shown just shows that your trading conditions never became true so there are no results to display.

Comment

Hello,Jesse. Thank you for your response. I will watch the video and try it myself for a while.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Balage0922  
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JoMoon2024