Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

any way to have a bigger timeframe for a second data series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any way to have a bigger timeframe for a second data series?

I have a strategy working off a 1 hour candle, and I want to bring in a second data series on 1 day candles, however, I need more data on the 1 day candles data series in order to properly run the data. Is there any way to do this?

Yes! In the strategy builder go to Additional Data then click Add. Click the toggle for Primary Instrument then select the additional time frame. Now in your conditions that Data Series will be available. When you use an indicator under its Data Series, Input Series you can click there then change the Data Series to the other one. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by RaygunWizzle View Post
      Yes! In the strategy builder go to Additional Data then click Add. Click the toggle for Primary Instrument then select the additional time frame. Now in your conditions that Data Series will be available. When you use an indicator under its Data Series, Input Series you can click there then change the Data Series to the other one. Cheers!
      Thank you Raygun. I am able to get multiple data series in no problem, my challenge is having a different time frame for the second imported data series than the main data series with the strategy

Comment

Hello ErikY,

Thank you for your note.

You mentioned, "I need more data on the 1 day candles data series in order to properly run the data" and I am not sure that I am following what you mean. Do you mean that you need more historical data to be loaded? Is this occurring on a chart, on the Strategies tab of the Control Center, or in a backtest from the Strategy Analyzer?

We do have a guide about multi-time frame and instruments in NinjaScript that might offer some useful information here:

I look forward to your reply.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
        0 responses