Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjatrader strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader strategy

Hello everyone,

I'm a new trader and I'd like to know if soemeone could tell me what is the best strategy and what are the best indicators to use in trading ?

Best

Hi Lanja, thanks for posting. The support team will not be able to answer this but your post will remain open for other community members to contribute.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Lanja, this is the reason we are all here. To find a strategy that gives us an edge and profitability. You have a long road ahead. Even if you find some decent setups, it may take a while to code them up and figure out the proper parameters, etc.

Trader Tom once posted a strategy called the School Run. You may want to take a look at that, if you can find it online. I've heard of other non-algo traders using something similar and my best algo to date uses a strategy loosely based on it.

...Michael...

Comment

Hello,

I wondered if somoene could tell me. In strategy builder, I'd like to know if it is possible to use two indicators (for example two SMA) but the one will be displaced 26 ahead and the other 26 back.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Lanja, The "Displacement" property of Indicators is only a visual change on the chart, so the data referencing will stay the same (e.g. SMA(14)[0] displaced -26 will still tell you the latest SMA value). To reference bar data in previous bars you would need to change the "bars ago" property in the indicator.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. However, what I want is not referencing to previous bar, I'd like to get the value of an indicator if I displace it. Like the Ichimoku cloud which is displaced 26 ahead.

Thanks

Comment

Think about it carefully. The current value is displaced 26 bars into the future. Count back from there to the current bar, how many bars of data is that? 26? That is data from 26 bars in the past, displaced to the current bar.
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by masilver View Post
                Lanja, this is the reason we are all here. To find a strategy that gives us an edge and profitability. You have a long road ahead. Even if you find some decent setups, it may take a while to code them up and figure out the proper parameters, etc.

Trader Tom once posted a strategy called the School Run. You may want to take a look at that, if you can find it online. I've heard of other non-algo traders using something similar and my best algo to date uses a strategy loosely based on it.

...Michael...
                Hey Michael, I was wondering if you are still active. Could you please take a look here (it's similar to yours)
                Greetings to all, I hope you are doing well! I am not a programmer nor a coder. I have tried to read the docs and use the help of ChatGPT 4 and Google Bard but I feel like I am nearing the end of my rope. The strategy is simple. Take one trade or zero trades per day based on the following conditions: eg. utilizing the 5m

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                45 responses
                3 likes
                Last Post johntraderuser2  
                Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post TAJTrades