Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help setting up a Stochastic strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help setting up a Stochastic strategy

Hi could someone help me figure out how to incorporate the D% value into a strategy. The idea is if the previous bar close is under or over a certain D% value the strategy will enter a long or short. I'm still learning how the ninjatrader strategy builder works, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Prestonf,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, are you wanting to access the 'D' plot of the Stochastics indicator in a custom NinjaScript strategy?

If so, you could open a New > Strategy Builder window, navigate to the Conditions and Actions screen, and set up a condition that checks if the previous Close price (Price folder > Close > Bars ago property > 1) is Greater/Less than the 'D' plot of the Stochastics indicator (Indicator folder > Stochastics > 'Value plot' drop-down property > 'D').

After setting up the condition you could click the 'View code' button to see the generated code in a NinjaScript Editor window.

Strategy Builder Conditions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_builder.htm
    Strategy Builder Actions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/actions.htm

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Brandon thanks for the reply. Where do I input the D value? Like say I want to take a short if on the previous bar the D value closes over 85 I want to open a position on the next candles open. Thanks

Comment

Hello Prestonf,

Thanks for your note.

Setting the 'Value plot' parameter of the Stochastic indicator to 'D' would mean the D plot is being referenced for your condition. (Indicator folder > Stochastics > 'Value plot' drop-down property > 'D').

See the attached image demonstrating this.

And, see this help guide page for more information about the Stochastics indicator: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tochastics.htm

Please let me know if you have further questions on this.
        Attached Files
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that, working now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JoMoon2024