Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy enabled button turns white and not able to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes you need to be connected to data provider

Comment

Hello shankar.deshapande,

Thanks for your post.

Are you connected to a data feed provider before trying to enable your strategies?

Please note that you must be connected to a data feed provider in the Control Center > Connections menu to enable and run custom NinjaScript strategies.

I look forward to assisting further.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
        it is connected to datafeed..Only saved strategies are showing in white checkbox which i am not able to select and if i add new strategies it will be grey and i can start , This issue facing recently after new installation of NT8

Comment

Thanks for your note.

What data feed connection have you connected to in the Control Center > Connections menu?

If you right-click on the strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center and select 'Edit Strategy..', what 'Account' property is the strategy set to use?

Are you adding the strategies to the Strategies tab of the Control Center? Or, are you enabling the strategies on a Chart window?

Please test enabling the SampleMACrossOver strategy that comes default with NinjaTrader on a New > Chart window and report your results.

Enabling a NinjaScript strategy on a Chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rategyInAChart
          Enabling a NinjaScript strategy in the Strategies tab: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?strategies_tab2.htm#UnderstandingTheStr ategiesTab

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Hi ,
            i am using my rhithemic for ninja trader brokerage.

if select edit strategy , account name coming blank that is reason i am not able to start, But if i select account i can start?

But why this issue , i can't select account for each strategy,

Comment

Thanks for your note.

To enable a strategy you must select which Account you want the strategy to be enabled on, such as the Sim101 account. If the Account property is blank, the strategy 'Enable' button will be greyed out and unselectable in the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? This could be seen in the Help > About window.

If you are not using the latest version of NinjaTrader (8.0.27.1), please use the directions below to upgrade your platform.
              • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
              • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
              • Enter your license key and press Submit
              • Select 'Download'
              • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
              After making sure you are using the latest version of NinjaTrader, connect to your account connection, remove the current strategies from the Strategies tab of the Control Center, and test adding the SampleMACrossOver strategy to the Strategies tab and ensure you select an account, such as Sim101.

​Once you've followed all of the steps above to update NinjaTrader, removed the strategies and added the SampleMACrossOver strategy to the Strategies tab of the Control Center, and ensured an account is selected in the 'Account' property field of the strategy, try enabling the strategy by clicking the 'Enable' checkbox on the Strategies tab.

Are you able to successfully enable the strategy after following all of the above directions?

If so, please test the above steps using your custom strategies.

If not, please send me a screenshot showing me that you are connected to your account, have the SampleMACrossOver strategy added, have an account selected for the strategy, and cannot enable it.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post burtoninlondon  
              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              0 responses