Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AI Generate too tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI Generate too tight

Hi,
    How can we get the AI Generate to stop trying to be so perfect? I only get strategies with 99% win rate and 3 tiny trades per year. I want a 40%-60% win rate and at least 100 trades per year or more. Loosen it up!
    thanks,
    David

Hello trader3000a,

There are not a lot of controls for the AI Generate at this time. Currently, the AI Generate is intended to find the best outcomes.
    "Internally a Genetic Algorithm is used to search through the potential entry and exit combinations possible to find the best performing ones according to the Max Strength optimization criterion."

Below is a link to the help guide with the available properties.

You might try increasing the threshold, increasing keep number of results, and not specifying days of the week or specific times.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
      Can I add my dev request to the list? AI generate is a really fun tool, and great for coming up with "outside the box" ideas. It would become infinitely more useful with the option to adjust the knobs for a range of percent profitability (or percent monte carlo confidence, if that's what it uses) and a range or minimum # of trades per time period.
      thanks!
      David

Comment

Hello David,

I have submitted your feature request to our development for consideration.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

Comment

Hello David,

I've received tracking ID # SFT-5763 for this request.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

cool, thanks!

Comment

Sometimes those super high win rates and low trade frequencies can be too rigid. One way to potentially loosen things up is to adjust the parameters or settings of your AI tool. Look for options to customize the risk tolerance or frequency of trades. It might also help to explore different AI tools or platforms to find one that aligns better with your trading style. If you're interested in understanding the differences between Quantum AI and traditional AI in trading, you might find this article helpful: https://quantumai.bot/how-does-quant...ai-in-trading/. It's always good to explore new technologies to see how they can enhance your trading experience.​
              Last edited by Essencent; 04-15-2024, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
              0 responses
              1 view