Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TS SuperTrend Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS SuperTrend Strategy

I have had no success building a strategy using this indicator. I use Strategy Builder, tried every configuration I could think of and nothing works to trigger a signal long/short.
    Anyone have an idea as to how to generate a basic strategy signal from this indicator? Thank you.

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your post.

Please see this forum thread for detailed information about how the TS Supertrend indicator from the Ecosystem User App Share could be used in a Strategy Builder strategy.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...68#post1145068

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried everything. Still cannot generate a signal based on this indicator. I've attached the indicator. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your note.

The TSSuperTrend indicator you attached only contains a single plot called 'TrendPlot'. You would not be able to check if the indicator is an up trend or down trend in a Strategy Builder strategy.

Please download and import the TSSuperTrend indicator from the Ecosystem User App Share page linked below. This version of the TSSuperTrend indicator contains two plots 'UpTrend' and 'DownTrend'.

TSSuperTrend: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../tssupertrend/

You could compare these plots in a Strategy Builder strategy the same way NinjaTrader_Paul explains in the forum thread linked in post # 2 to place trades.

I have attached a simple example script demonstrating this using the indicator linked above.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Attached Files

Comment

I get an error message when loading the zip file. See attached. I removed the strategy that I tried to create so I'm not sure why it won't load. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your note.

First, please remove the TSSuperTrend indicator that is currently on your platform. To do so, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the 'Indicators' folder, locate the TSSuperTrend indicator, right-click on the file, click 'Remove', and click 'Yes'.

Next, click the 'Compile' button on the NinjaScript Editor toolbar to run a compile

After removing the TSSuperTrend indicator from your platform and running a compile, please try importing the FranExample script that I attached in post # 4 by going to Tools > Import > NinjaScript AddOn.

Note that when this strategy is imported, it will also import the TSSuperTrend indicator that is listed on our Ecosystem User App Share page which is used for the sample strategy.

Please let me know if you have an issue importing the strategy after following the above steps.

Comment

Thank you. I was able to import it. However, it only prints the indicator, not the signal. I read the code, seems like it should print a long trade but doesn't.

Comment

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your note.

When the condition to place the trade becomes true then the trade will be placed and we will see trade markers on the chart. If the condition to place the order is not true then no orders will be placed.

See the attached screenshot demonstrating this.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. Had it on a bad chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo