Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Optimizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimizing

Why is it that I can't change the values for the parameters after I've run an optimization? That is, often (nearly always?) I'd like to change the values for the parameters after I've run the first optimization after I've created a new Strategy Analyzer. However, with this newest version of NT that is not allowed. Why?

Hello spottysallrite,

Thank you for reporting this behavior.

This has been previously reported and is being investigated with the development team.

In the meantime, expand the parameter to adjust the Min, Max, and Increment.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You said above that this has been reported, so I searched for those posts, but wasn't able to find any. Could you direct me to them?

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

I'm showing the case ticket is from an email to our support email address support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide private emails on the forum.

Currently, the case is waiting a tracking Id, which I will also provide here once available.

Comment

Ok, I'm concluding from your note that this is a fairly new discovery. (I'm surprised at this. Being able to run optimizations is a key feature of NT for me, and I would expect many others.)

Yes, your suggestion of expanding the parameter works, but that's annoying. It's so much easier and quicker to just enter the values directly (which was possible with all previous versions?).

Since this seems to be little reported then I'm guessing few see much of a need for this. So, it might take some time for this to be repaired. So, should I go back to a previous version until this gets fixed?

Comment

When trying to go back to a previous version the installer requires that NT be uninstalled first. Is there any hazard in doing so (eg, losing price data, scripts, etc) ?

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

You will need to delete the database and configuration file to downgrade.
              When running the program NTDirect.exe from Ninja8API.zip from here https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/forum/ninjatrader-8/strategy-development/100199-orders-are-not-displayed-in-chart#post793626 Get this error Running NinjaTraderClient.exe from the same zip file runs fine. The NtDirect.dll from previous version of

Comment

Thanks, I'll do that.

Do you have a case number for this yet?

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

Not at this time. I will provide the tracking ID once this is available.

Comment

It's been more than two weeks since the above issue was flagged. So, do you have any updates on this?

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

No ID or update yet from our development.

I've sent a note to development to let them know this item is waiting. We appreciate your patience.

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

Our development has taken a look and provided tracking ID NTEIGHT-15699.

As new releases of NinjaTrader become available, please check the release notes for the number part of this ID.

Once listed, please update and ensure the behavior has been corrected.

Comment

Just checking on the status of this since it's been several months. Are there any updates?

Comment

Hello spottysallrite,

There has been action on this item and is scheduled for a future release of NinjaTrader.

There is a new ID for this item, NT-178, however this may be a new ID in the release notes. Note to look for a description about strategy parameters not modifiable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post PhillT
                            by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
                            5 responses