Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't enable strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't enable strategy

I have a strategy I created, used a template of past strategies that work fine and no issues.

I created a new one from that template, modified it to new needs. When I run it in strategy analyzer its running fine, but when I try to add it to a chart so I can see it with indicators better, I am getting a message: Although you have order confirmation enabled, orders generated by a strategy will be submitted without confirmation, and then the enabled check box is disabled.

Anything I can look into as to why this would be? Or what might cause this?

Hello ErikY,

Thank you for your post.

The message you are receiving has to do with order confirmation being enabled for order entry windows. When order confirmation is enabled, after submitting a manual trade you receive a pop-up window on the screen asking if you are sure you would like to place the order. You may select Yes or No. This setting may be toggled at Control Center > Tools > Options. Select the Trading category then check/uncheck Confirm Order Placement. For more information:

When you enable a strategy, the message that pops up is solely informing you that if order confirmation is enabled, you will not get that same pop-up box confirming orders when an automated strategy submits orders. They will automatically be submitted without any confirmation.

The reason the enabled check box is disabled is likely from something else; do you have any other error messages on the Log tab of the Control Center after attempting to enable your strategy?

I look forward to your reply.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Emily, I do actually have errors in my log, let me try to investigate those. I am surprised it works in the strategy analyzer but not in the chart, but thats whats happening. Hopefully i can figure out the log issues

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ezrollin, 02-26-2022, 11:14 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kenz987
      by kenz987

Started by rocketman7, Today, 08:34 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes